• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita What to choose....?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

RoboWarrior

Alright, finally I have some money to spend, was thinking of a vita as I passed one in Walmart today. After some research, kinda upset.
The vita is strong, where is the new games? COD:AW, GTA V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight? Where? WHERE?
The only shooting game I can find is some crappy COD....
and as a sidenote(no offense to anyone) but I dislike anime games, besides monster hunter. and for the vita, they come in the bunches.
I was doing PS Vita vs. Dell Venue 8 Pro
I'm a PC gamer, dell's tablet can run some VERY low end games, 2GB RAM etc(Touch controls though, overwolf). I was hoping the vita has something in it for me, plus the vita would be easier to pick up, not sure what these memory cards are but, I see the vita has skype, so I like that, I also love that N4S Most wanted is ported, but no rivals.....

Info, suggestions, anyone?

BobbyH

Lol GTA 5 and Witcher 3? You're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting those kinds of games on the Vita.
Shooting gamewise, killzone is great. Unit 13 is pretty good. Then Resident Evil Revelations 2 is on the way.
But most of the main retail games still coming to the Vita are very japanese and anime-ish. Beyond that, there's just a ton of indies.

RoboWarrior

Lol GTA 5 and Witcher 3? You're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting those kinds of games on the Vita.
Shooting gamewise, killzone is great. Unit 13 is pretty good. Then Resident Evil Revelations 2 is on the way.
But most of the main retail games still coming to the Vita are very japanese and anime-ish. Beyond that, there's just a ton of indies.
O.K. Maybe the GTA V was pushing it, what about IV though, c'mon a potato can run that.
The reason is that I'm growing tired of the titles that the 3ds sells(Anime, low class shooters, or mario) I thought the vita would have hgh graphics titles and have black ops 2....
I'm all up for binding of isaac and do not starve, but I already own those for pc, so re-buying just for being portable is a pain. Any other big business names on the way? And is picking up the vita 1000 wifi good? Will I have any disadv.?

Is the COD okay? I only care for multiplayer

BobbyH

No, the CoD game on the vita is notoriously awful. Check the reviews. Killzone is pretty great though.
The Vita just hasn't sold well enough for them to justify making those kinds of big budget games. So basically unless you really like JRPGs or want a lot of portable indie games, it's not the console for you.

RoboWarrior

No, the CoD game on the vita is notoriously awful. Check the reviews. Killzone is pretty great though.
The Vita just hasn't sold well enough for them to justify making those kinds of big budget games. So basically unless you really like JRPGs or want a lot of portable indie games, it's not the console for you.
Well, basically it is, I love the console itself, the games though, aren't loved.
Curios? What do you play? What are some good indie games(that are NOT anime)

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements