• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Scotland votes for independence

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Bella

Tomorrow Scotland will vote for independence from the UK after 400 years. They have enacted a special law to allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote (usually is 18) .

Many countries are watching as it can change the balance of power and encourage other countries with territories to vote for independence too.

Hopefully the Scots will vote 'no' to be practical, but many are proud and cannot see the future consequences of paying for their own welfare and public systems and creating their own currency.

Spartan

If I am correct doesn't scotland produce a great deal of goods for the UK?
Any ways, I'm all for this especially if the above is true, as it has a small population compared to the goods they bring in and would greater be better spent on scotland in a whole and not the uk.

Any ideas on how the Kingdom is taking this?

Bella

Most of the UK ( I am in the UK) want them to stay as right now there are no border controls or anything. The Scots do not have much trade except whiskey and oil. Many Scots live in England to work as the wages are higher, so if it did go to a yes vote, many Scots may move to the UK to work.

What people don't understand is that they cannot go back on the decision, If it is no, then they will carry on fighting for more power, but if it is yes, then they will not be in the EU, have no access to pensions, welfare, passport, armies or currency. They will have to create a country from scratch. They don't have a plan B either!

beauty22

I don't think 16 or 17 year olds should be able to vote, though voting is usually useless anyhow. It's all a scam. But they're not old enough yet to take on responsibilities like that. Maybe it'd be a good thing if they were more mature growing up though.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements