• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Fight Stick?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Ace

Well, I have been playing fighting games since I was wee guy and i would always go to my friends house and use fightsticks. I never used face buttons. I have only used fightsticks stil to this day and I recently picked up UMVC3 on the vita and mortal kombat as well and I am having a hay day trying to get it to work; So I was curious; do you think the vita will ever get fightstick support or a slot or anything :0 ????

Blue Flare

For a hanheld, i doubt it. People would think to themselves how much of a hassle it would be to carry an arcade fight stick around for a handheld.

What I see rather than a fight stick is sometgin like a mini arcade cabinet you could fit your vita into. They've already done this with iPhone
iappcade-iphone-arcade-cabinet-no-bluetooth-0.jpg

Although it's not impossible, I don't see it happening.

Elli27

somebody in japan modded a console sized fightstick to work with the vita, maybe via bluetooth

Inferno187

I recall either Markman or Ono saying how badass it would be to have a Vita fightstick. If it was indeed Markman (quite some time ago so I dont remember who it was exactly) then there might be hope.
Maybe the 'mystery port' on the vita can be used to connect the stick to it.

GamejunkieUK

For a hanheld, i doubt it. People would think to themselves how much of a hassle it would be to carry an arcade fight stick around for a handheld.

What I see rather than a fight stick is sometgin like a mini arcade cabinet you could fit your vita into. They've already done this with iPhone
iappcade-iphone-arcade-cabinet-no-bluetooth-0.jpg

Although it's not impossible, I don't see it happening.

The thing is it makes far more sense with the iPhone and iPad as they have no physical buttons.

Blue Flare

The thing is it makes far more sense with the iPhone and iPad as they have no physical buttons.
True. Very true, but simply connecting the fight stick to the mystery port still makes it somewhat uncomfortable to see and it could jumble around.
They could at least have a stand to hold the Vita in place on the fight stick with the Vita in the middle (or above) the stick and punch buttons.

GamejunkieUK

True. Very true, but simply connecting the fight stick to the mystery port still makes it somewhat uncomfortable to see and it could jumble around.
They could at least have a stand to hold the Vita in place on the fight stick with the Vita in the middle (or above) the stick and punch buttons.

I'm not sure if that would be a good idea though. Considering how aggressively a lot of people use their fight sticks they may end up damaging the Vita.

Inferno187

lol so true, I once bought a used TE-S and it had cracks all over the custom plexi. The guy admitted it was due to raging too much lol.
I'm gentle with my arcade sticks though, so as long as the vita is locked in place I should be fine.

Ace

I'm not sure if that would be a good idea though. Considering how aggressively a lot of people use their fight sticks they may end up damaging the Vita.

agreed. I have gone through my fair share of sticks due to raging; I do treat my custom sticks with care though; I save them for tournaments when I am laid back.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements