• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Are you planning to update your PC or Xbox for the new 4k graphics?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

Windows 10 and Xbox are getting a 4K graphic optional update with the "Better Together Update" and it's going to require a pretty heavy duty gaming PC or an Xbox One X to run the graphics. Me myself I cant afford to update although I think the graphics look really nice. How about you? Are you planning to update your PC or Xbox for the new 4k graphics?

overcast

Currently my finances keep me tied so I may not be able to upgrade desktop PC and laptop. I may buy new console in future but definitely not in 2017. I have plans to save for the console to buy in 2018. So that's something in pipeline. I may change the screen for both TV and the monitor in near future. So that's definitely possible as well. That is something I am keeping in mind as well.

wallet

I do not plan to update any soon, the reason is money.Besides, I don't like that much the new graphics it has too much color and is not that clear anymore. I prefer playing Minecraft with the graphic that it has now.

Jhonz

I plan, but I don't have money because I am a student, but I can find my work and my dream complete since I buy a new computer and update to 4K graphics I need to upgrade because games is my hobby.

Tania997

I'd like to as soon as I have the money. 4k with a 4k monitor would really make a difference, even if I honestly feel something like minecraft won't need it. The game was never about graphics, it was about building things, surviving and being creative :)

Mariana

I'd like to as soon as I have the money. 4k with a 4k monitor would really make a difference, even if I honestly feel something like minecraft won't need it. The game was never about graphics, it was about building things, surviving and being creative :)
That's how I feel. For me, Minecraft was never really about graphics in the first place. Minecraft was never well-known for it. It was always about creativity and building anything you can imagine.

I like that they're giving people the possibility to upgrade graphics though since some do care. However, I really can't afford to upgrade my computer. I have other expenses so maybe sometime in the future... but I am not sure yet :D

Soulwatcher

even if I honestly feel something like minecraft won't need it.
I bet you haven't seen the Minecraft "Super Duper Graphics" pack that's coming out. It's insane 4k graphics that can only be played on a high-end gaming rig and an Xbox One X. If I had the cash I would have the Xbox 1 X pre-order lol.

Tania997

I bet you haven't seen the Minecraft "Super Duper Graphics" pack that's coming out. It's insane 4k graphics that can only be played on a high end gaming rig and a Xbox One X. If I had the cash I would have the Xbox 1 X on pre order lol.
I haven't seen it yet. I'm pretty sure it looks awesome and very detailed, but I was talking about the point of a game like minecraft which was never about graphics but about creativity and surviving :)

ballyhara

Of course I would like to update my PC for it, but that requires a lot of capacity and my PC is not that young to hold it. Also, I'm not the only one using the PC, and I'm going to have a horde of crazy family members chasing my head, for making the PC slow and very few space. Graphics look sick and awesome btw.

amitkokiladitya

I bought a new laptop just 6 months back and have Windows 10 already installed in it. So thankfully I have no trouble in experiencing the new graphics. And to be honest, I always prefer games with good graphics.

overcast

I do not plan to update any soon, the reason is money.Besides, I don't like that much the new graphics it has too much color and is not that clear anymore. I prefer playing Minecraft with the graphic that it has now.
Yes that is going to have some financial drain. And though we can have same level of graphics with their update pack. So 4K is something that is going to put some money drain. I guess for regular PC users, there is not much need for the update of the monitor in that case. I think with it's current state it's not required.

tiffiecute

I don't need to since my laptop is new and it's already in Windows 10 version. I also have Xbox 360. That's where I started to play Minecraft like an addict. And I also have a paid version in my mobile phones and tabs, sharing one account. LOL

Soulwatcher

Yes that is going to have some financial drain. And though we can have same level of graphics with their update pack. So 4K is something that is going to put some money drain. I guess for regular PC users, there is not much need for the update of the monitor in that case. I think with it's current state it's not required.
If you don't have a 4k monitor or TV then yes its going to be a huge financial drain. The cheapest video card that you can run 4k with is $350~$399 and depending on how old your CPU is you just might need a whole new computer or the Xbox One X. And then the Monitor or TV is going to be another $400.

P.S. I thought I was going to be able to upgrade to 4k but now that I am moving to this new apartment I know that I am not going to be able to afford it. But that's ok 1080p will do me just fine and in another 4 or 5 years, 4k is going to be the standard and it will be super cheap to buy.

JoeMilford

If you don't have a 4k monitor or TV then yes its going to be a huge financial drain. The cheapest video card that you can run 4k with is $350~$399 and depending on how old your CPU is you just might need a whole new computer or the Xbox One X. And then the Monitor or TV is going to be another $400.

P.S. I thought I was going to be able to upgrade to 4k but now that I am moving to this new apartment I know that I am not going to be able to afford it. But that's ok 1080p will do me just fine and in another 4 or 5 years, 4k is going to be the standard and it will be super cheap to buy.
I am in the same boat with many of us here. My gaming equipment and experience is firstly time-based, but a close second limiting factor is my budget. I need a new car for my work commute, and other priorities, so my gaming is not even close o the top of the list in terms of my financial responsibilities. i have friends who are not as disciplined when it comes to this, and they seem to regularly anger their spouses and significant others with their gaming purchases. I will probably upgrade down the road, but my toys, alas, are limited to my wallet.

Denis_P

Very unlikely that I'll be upgrading to a 4K capable setup in the near future. After my last gaming rig went kaput, I've been using an Asus ROG gaming laptop for all my gaming and work needs. It's been serving me well for the past three years, but with the advent of next generation graphics and 4K, it is definitely starting to slow down.

The screen also has a max resolution of 1080p, as does my LCD television, so besides getting an entirely new rig I'd have to get a new monitor as well.

If I had the disposable income, I would certainly take the leap, but the fact is that 4K resolution just doesn't mean enough to me to want to save up the cash for all the new equipment. I'd rather just spend it on new games and play in 1080p.

Soulwatcher

Currently my finances keep me tied so I may not be able to upgrade desktop PC and laptop.
I think its safe to say that these days everyone is having problems with finances. Even rich people who have a lot of money are struggling. Because of the fact that the more you make the more that you spend. So its like you can never get ahead. Having said all of that I am dirt poor and I live on a fixed income. And money is always tight but I always seem to manage one way or another.

Soulwatcher

I haven't seen it yet. I'm pretty sure it looks awesome and very detailed, but I was talking about the point of a game like minecraft which was never about graphics but about creativity and surviving :)
That's true but times are changing and Minecraft is a 7-year-old game and if it's going to stay relevant they are going to need to boost the graphics for the younger generation. Because these days all anyone cares about anymore is how good the graphics are in a game and murder death and mayhem.

Soulwatcher

I am in the same boat with many of us here. My gaming equipment and experience is firstly time-based, but a close second limiting factor is my budget. I need a new car for my work commute, and other priorities, so my gaming is not even close o the top of the list in terms of my financial responsibilities. i have friends who are not as disciplined when it comes to this, and they seem to regularly anger their spouses and significant others with their gaming purchases. I will probably upgrade down the road, but my toys, alas, are limited to my wallet.
Joe, I give you credit because like you said there are a lot of people that lack self-control and just buy whatever they see fit and a lot of times their families suffer from it. I myself am in a similar boat I have been married for a year and I live on a fixed income and I am supporting two people, me and my wife. So I have to be careful with every dime that I spend because when you live on a budget as tight as mine there is no room for error.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements