• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Will I be able to use any USB poweradapter?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
I've got a USB adapter you plug into a wall socket and transfers it into usb. And since Vita has a USB to propriotry power/data cord it might be possible to just use it with the one I have. I also have a car adapter with a usb slot so that should be possible as well.
May sound obvious but sony might wanna put in some protection so you have to buy their stuff.
Any thoughts???

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
You should be able to use as long as you have a female connection on the end of your usb adapter, just have to check it once the Vita is out. The only concern is wall socket, because most likely the Vita will have a power adapter, so if your wall socket adapter does not make the correct power you will have issues

Mendax

You should be able to. The .PDF Sony released at TGS said Vita comes with a USB cable so you should be able to use both of those. These kinds of adapters work fine with the PSP anyway.

Thread starter #4

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
You should be able to. The .PDF Sony released at TGS said Vita comes with a USB cable so you should be able to use both of those. These kinds of adapters work fine with the PSP anyway.
Yeah I bought a set for my PSP, It included a wall socket to USB (female) and a USB cable with six connections for ipod, psp, usb, ds and dsi and it included a car charger in wich you could plug in the same cable. So that way I don't have to buy a recharger for my vita when where travelling for vacation since I can just connect it with the USB cable to the car adapter :)

should be fine i got a japanese vita and can confirm the power supply is a small box with a power input on one end and a usb on the other end

The only issue i have found when searching for this kind of stuff is what amp-age its will be. When used in tandem with a usb battery the amp-age is to low then it might not charge at all and if its too high then it might cause serious damage.

Thread starter #7

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
The only issue i have found when searching for this kind of stuff is what amp-age its will be. When used in tandem with a usb battery the amp-age is to low then it might not charge at all and if its too high then it might cause serious damage.
Yeah but I'm just using an AC adapter with USB port that is also compatible with Iphone, DS, PSP and has an mini USB out all in an universal splitter. So I guess you can just put the Vita's USB to dedicated Vita power/data trasfer port in the adapter. If it is compatible with Ipod and Iphone, PSP and DS I guess its high likely its safe enough to use it with Vita. Though it does concern me that the Sony branded adapters are quite expensive. So could they have put in some kind of security???

im fairly certain that the adapter that comes with the vita is a usb adapter, why dont you look at some unboxing vids.

Thread starter #10

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
im fairly certain that the adapter that comes with the vita is a usb adapter, why dont you look at some unboxing vids.
Yeah but I also have a car adapter that was boxed together with my adapter so I guess that one would also work and since my parents are divorced (and I live at two places) It will come in handy to have the chargers at both homes so I only need to take my Vita with me.

I can confirm that it comes with a usb adapter, and cord. This cord works for 3 of my ac-usb adapters. 2 came with cellphones, one came in a cheap kit.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements