• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita What games do you want to come to the NGP?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

ceramicsaturn

Maybe it's that I've been out of the Wipeout series a while (Since WipeoutXL) but the track design between F-Zero and Wipeout is radically different. I don't recall any magnetic rails, variable friction ground layers, or jump ramps in Wipeout. Wipeout had falls, and the models had poor aerodynamic performance in the air. F-Zero models were pretty much bricks as well, but the flight path was a predictable arc. I hope Wipeout has changed since then, but I see no evidence of it in gameplay videos. The fact is, anti-gravity racing has a LONG way to go in evolution. F-Zero and Wipeout are nowhere near maturity in terms of gameplay. There needs to be a more diverse environment with less artificial barriers. The models need to have an actual glide-ratio based on pre-calculated aerodynamics of the craft, able to control their glide path by thrust and angle of attack, roll, pitch and yaw. Any craft that hovers must use these elements as a foundation for gameplay. None of these games come close to that.

Speaking of futuristic racing, I forgot to add a very cool title I play on my iphone: Jet Car Stunts. It's similar to Stunt Drivin' and Trackmania, but has a highly addictive platform element. I'd love to see a more complex track set make it to the Vita, and more--detail so long as they preserve the buttery smooth framerate.
I could go into more depth, but you need to play Wipeout HD/Fury. I was an F-Zero fan back in the day and thought Wipeout was mediocre at best. HD/Fury completely changed my mind, and I'm sure if you played it, you'd understand where I was coming from. If you're an F-Zero fan like me, trust me and try it sometime.

Aeroflux

Well, I hope that the Vita version will carry over the positive changes in Wipeout HD/Fury. I don't own a PS3 right now and my budget projection is saturated beyond the possibility of getting one anytime soon. I do plan on buying the Vita version...don't count me out just because I'm critical of the series. :D

I would really like to hear what elements have changed in gameplay.

ceramicsaturn

Well, I hope that the Vita version will carry over the positive changes in Wipeout HD/Fury. I don't own a PS3 right now and my budget projection is saturated beyond the possibility of getting one anytime soon. I do plan on buying the Vita version...don't count me out just because I'm critical of the series. :D

I would really like to hear what elements have changed in gameplay.
The whole series just feels significantly more polished. The "sleds" control much better, and there's definitely a lot of strategy in how you handle your sled to make it through the turns (higher difficulties at least). The weapons and how they were represented made things MUCH easier to understand what was going on than the older games. All in all you just feel much more in control of everything from racing to your use and evasion of weapons. Also, there's tons of new game modes, including Eliminator, which is by far my favorite. This mode actually feels like a new game. By the click of a trigger, you can turn around 180 degrees (still using your previous forward momentum, so it's not a complete stop) and shoot behind you. Basically, it's an death match type of game style, but you're encouraged to complete laps as you earn points and health that way. You can die, it's all about earning the most points. Nothing like passing everyone, just to turn around and blast them with a shockwave that rips through half the track. It's innovation like this that really made Wipeout pull out ahead of F-Zero IMHO.

I'd imagine the gameplay in the Vita 2048 will be nearly identical, as it will be able to play against HD/Fury PS3 owners online. And from the vids I've seen online of 2048, it looks like gameplay is just like Fury.

Btw, got my wish from my prediction list. A new Katamari game is one of the Japanese launch titles!

ceramicsaturn

Has anyone mentioned Motorstorm yet? That would suit the Vita well, I think.
Yeah, that would be a fantastic series to see on the Vita. Especially if it looked more like the first two (the jungle foliage is still impressive looking to me till this day).

Nismology

Jet Set Radio 3
Motorstorm
Final Fantasy VII HD
SSX
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (I can dream ;) )
Burnout Paradise (or newer equivalent)

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
More games with cool monsters and totally epic weapons to cut the cool monsters into little tiny pieces with.
Prefferably new ones with a story as epic as the gameplay.:p (It's like heaven but with monsters and carnage)

ceramicsaturn

Putting two and two together with your username, i assume you've played the Sega Saturn version? Is it any good? I'm always on the look out for great Saturn games!
It's the best. Note: don't play it unless you have the japanese twin stick controller. Also, there are some import games called Gundam Side Story. II and III allow you to use the twin stick controller. It's about the most fun you can have in a mech game, I'll just say that. It's like the VS Gundam games of today, but with controls that made you feel like you were the pilot.

And the screen name is a combination of my favorite system (Saturn) and the color of my first PS3, ceramic white. There are TONS of great domestic and import saturn games. I think I've topped at about 80.

Nismology

It's the best. Note: don't play it unless you have the japanese twin stick controller. Also, there are some import games called Gundam Side Story. II and III allow you to use the twin stick controller. It's about the most fun you can have in a mech game, I'll just say that. It's like the VS Gundam games of today, but with controls that made you feel like you were the pilot.

And the screen name is a combination of my favorite system (Saturn) and the color of my first PS3, ceramic white. There are TONS of great domestic and import saturn games. I think I've topped at about 80.
Cool. I got my saturn a few months ago, but only have Panzer Dragoon, Sega Rally and Sonic Jam at the moment. i was planning on getting an ST key and a load of import games, but my funds are going towards a Vita. :p I haven't seen the twin stick controller, only the analog controller (which I still need to get to play NiGHTs with!)

Kenji

A proper Sonic game(ie not Rivals). Maybe a Sonic Gen with all new stages(Mystic Cave please), and Vita specific features.
A Kingdom Hearts game.
A sequel or spiritual successor to Chrono Cross.
Mirror's Edge sequel or spiritual successor.

Make it happen Sony, Chef Pool demands it.

id like to see
1.Another uncharted..lol..just cant get enough of it.
2.Infamous
3.GTA
4.God of War
5.Jak (that would make the psv sell like hot cakes!!)
6.Rachet and Clank
7.Crash(another game that would boost the sales!)
8.Persona 5
9.a different silent hill besides book of memories(anyone see the trailer?..IT SUCKED!)
10.DragonBall Z Budokai something something
11.Prince of Persia
12.Manhunt

Sam

Retired Moderator
Mirror's Edge sequel or spiritual successor.
Mirrors edge had a lot of potential, but to me is is depressing and stressful when you get something wrong and have to do one bit over and over :p

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements