• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement "Unsubscribe"

Discussion in 'CarlosX360 Archive' started by Carlos, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos

Carlos Owner Staff Member

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    Okay, so I sent all of you 2 different e-mails. The first one was "PSVitaForum is now DestroyRepeat!" and the second one was "TitanFall announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC!" Now, notice that between those two e-mails, there has been a 4-month gap.

I've gotten e-mails from members who want to be jackasses responding with "Unsubscribe." I would like to respond to this. Because I am not a fucking spammer, you hear me!?

When I bought PSVitaForum.com, I left it alone, as is, with NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER other than the good changes. Like a new skin, the one you're seeing right now... Because I know first hand, and with lots of experience under my belt - that change of ownership is the biggest change of them all. You guys - I KNOW THAT! Why do you think I left it well alone for a WHOLE YEAR!? I did that deliberately, with a good reason.

I wanted you guys to feel comfortable, and feel right at home. You didn't like the changes? Then why didn't you tell me so? I created a feedback thread for you to tell me what YOU want.

Now, here we are, 1 year and 4 months later, I get e-mails with a prick response of "unsubscribe." Once again people; I'm not Lethal. I'm not Chris. Give me feedback, and I will improve the fuck out of the site. And I have. In fact, the new skin is coming and I will launch it when I can.

Now, I realize that this community is a mix of more than 3 things. 70% PSVita, 70% TitanFall (which is the reason for the second e-mail), 20% other FPS'es, 20% other Game Consoles. However, that's the point. NX reveal is at E32016, PS4k rumors are going wild, PSVita is dead, and is probably getting a successor if these PS4k rumors are true. Sony even created a new mobile company to release mobile devices, and games for the device.

So, this site is as RELEVANT as it can be to attract YOUR attention.

You don't have to be constrained to talking about PSVita anymore! Move on, talk about something else! That's why I bought it for - you! Yes, you, asshole, the person who unsubscribed, and then put my e-mail (and/or e-mail address) under "spam." Even though it's not even fucking spam! Fuck you!

Next time, when you register to a website: THINK about what you're doing before you press "submit"!

Fivehp, JoeCool and loungerman35 like this.
  2. Carlos

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    So, since we're putting all this out there, I'll go ahead and shame a user, and keep in mind, this was a zero poster with no intention of using the site ever again. I deleted his account purely out of handing out "Olive Branches."

I never, never delete accounts unless they're deemed as spam. But this is an alien concept to some people. You registered to my site, then you pull the "it's the law" card on me? WTF is this shit?

This is what I had to deal with:
    Funny you say that, because that's what you and 5-10 people are doing!
    A piece of warning to anyone who wants to be funny like this. This is the kind of attitude I do not want on this site, none. Whatsoever. "It's your own jumpy, sour attitude." Hey, look, you registered to my site, 4 years later, you complain that the site's e-mail was spam, then the [new] owner is left scrambling for what to do next. This kind of shit is the kind of garbage that I hate. People who think it's funny to respond in a sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek way that not only hurts the business - but hurts the owner too.

I am offering you a place to talk about Video Games. You registered to a PSVita Forum - PlayStation Vita is a VIDEO. GAME. DEVICE! What part of this is lost on any of you!?

There is NO subscribe button on the site, there is no unsubscribe on the site itself, either! It's simply a forum software that uses an account system. You created an account with us LONG time ago! If you had no intention of participating in the future, then don't register! That is the most simple of things that anyone should have understood.

I've been a member of many sites, and I still get e-mails from them, do I go on my e-mail address, reply to the owner and say "unsubscribe?" No. I don't. Do I go and click "unsubscribe" on the actual e-mail service? No! Because I registered to that site. I can't falsify my actions - and say to Microsoft/Google: The owner is breaking the law! That's what YOU guys did!

That's what makes me so ANGRY.
    Hey, I do take feedback. Take a look around the site. Also, when a few moderators suggested that I condense the site to make it look the same way it looks now, I took that feedback. I trusted my moderators.
    I don't want to break the forum software for future references. I never change code for a reason. I upgrade this site every. single. time. a new update arrives. It's to keep information safe, it's to keep your accounts safe, it's to keep the forums up to date.

I am focused on the site. I AM. I posted new content when they come. I update the site when I can. I take feedback, etc. etc.

I am not adding a subscribe button because it's just not part of the forum system - like I said before, there are options in your account that opt-out of e-mails. But that is so hard for you to understand.
    I never said that, so stop putting words into my mouth. You want to be coy by pulling that card on me, then I don't need you on the site.
    There ARE some options to opt-out of e-mails, you just aren't paying attention or giving any thought to your actions or reactions. I told you repeatively, that there is no global "unsubscribe" button, there is options to opt-out e-mails via a few options, here's an example below:

PSVitaDROptions.png

Now, even if you click that button, I can force e-mails to go out to you anyway - if the e-mail is important, like the first e-mail called "PSVitaForum is now DestroyRepeat!" Now, here's the thing; The second e-mail is where the controversy started. Granted, it's not an e-mail that everyone wanted (TitanFall 2 announcement), but all you could have done was ignore it. That's it. There was no need to either respond with "unsubscribe" or click the "unsubscribe" button. Simple.

Just ignore it, and go on about your day. But some of you decided it was okay to respond with a prick "unsubscribe" response and place my e-mail under spam or unsubscribe. You caused me more headaches than necessary.

Worst part is, I didn't even force the e-mail on everyone, just to people who opted-in. :D I've been running sites since 2006, I've had only ONE or two people asking to "unsubscribe" and I fought back with that person, he backed down. You and a few others can't get over the fact that YOU. yourself. had registered to my site.

Fivehp likes this.
  3. Fivehp

Fivehp Member

XBL:
    Fivehp
    Yeah, I love joining gaming forums and receiving e-mails from them on a new trailer or a hot topic. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say on said post. I've never "Unsubscribed" from a gaming forum outlet. I think it's great emails are sent out because if I'm busy and checking my email for other stuff and I see an email from "DestroyRepeat TitanFall 2 Teaser" you bet your ass I'll check it out.

I'm not sure why but for some reason, a lot of users always join sites such as this..never post but always lurk..then start some bullshit ass stuff literally like that guy did. It's ridiculous how childlike people can be over the Internet.

Carlos, I personally love getting notifications and emails about what's going on, it keeps us in the loop and love how the site is being handled.

Carlos likes this.
  4. JoeCool

JoeCool Suck the weenie! Staff Member

Display their names!!!! :D

5. Carlos

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    I think people are still conspiring with each other. So, what I've done now is that I have edited the registered users group to revoke the option to delete, edit, or modify thread titles. From here on out, nobody other than moderators and myself can delete posts, or threads. That option is gone because someone thought it was a GREAT idea to delete his old posts JUST because he wanted to... ahem, wait for it: Nuke his account.

I banned that person. I IP banned and discouraged that account.

See, this is the exact attitude that I do not want on this site. It just gives way to more abuse. I have now removed any option to delete. Thanks for ruining user experience, @Tygamr! *Claps*

6. Carlos

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    Recently, @Abiel went on a deletion spree on his profile, deleting all of his status updates (profile posts), to "nuke" his account. He wanted to delete his account, for whatever reason...

I'm not going to cave in. And I definitely am not going to give up. Instead, this just prompted more restrictions. So, the option to edit or delete your profile posts/updates are now removed. Good job, man. Good job.

*claps loudly, and slowly*

You guys are fucking childish, you know that?

The worst thing is, I actually liked Abiel. :(

7. JoeCool

JoeCool Suck the weenie! Staff Member

He probably wanted to get off the grid.
    Be a new man, new life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.