• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Uncharted for NGP (gameplay video)

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chris, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Some impressive footage of the NPG displaying touch screen, rear touch, and six-axis control elements of the game.

Graphically, the game seems inline with the ps3, do you agree? I think if closely analyzed, some shortcomings are probably apparent, probably with the textures. I do like the water effects.

2 people like this.
  2. cr1ticaltech

cr1ticaltech Member

I heard this game was not being developed by naughty dog, I guess they are busy with Uncharted 3. Graphics are nice, looks like uncharted 1.

3. cr1ticaltech

cr1ticaltech Member

"We're not actually developing uncharted on NGP. We're really excited to see Uncharted on NGP, and we're working with them to make sure it's a great addition to the franchise. It's Naughty Dog's IP after all."

from here http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/2197.html

4. PSPGamer

PSPGamer New Member

I'm confident that Sony Bend will do a great job on Uncharted NGP...they have a great track record on Sony Handhelds

5. Buckybuckster

Buckybuckster Well-Known Member

Sweet graphics...and I like what the use of the touch screen and back touch panel add to the gameplay. I'ts gonna be a very difficult year waiting for this thing to come out!!!

2 people like this.
  6. 32gamer

32gamer New Member

It was pretty neat when hes using his fingers to climb up the cliff, and swing the NGP to swing on the rope. I'd like to see other interactions as well on the touch screen.

7. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

New video from GDC 2011. Slightly more footage.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Uncharted 1 vs Uncharted NGP
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. Buckybuckster

Buckybuckster Well-Known Member

NGP Uncharted vs PS3 Uncharted...not exact, but sure as hell close enough!! And think about how it will look when the game goes gold and you are viewing it on a OLED screen!!:D

2 people like this.
  10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The only aspect that looks worse are some of the textures. The real Uncharted NGP should be a slightly higher resolution (those images have a smaller resolution than the real NGP) and will have a smaller screen (NGP has a higher dpi (dots per inch) than most computer screens, at least mine). My screen is around 110 dpi, the NGP will have around 210 dpi (Apple would probably call that a retina display).

11. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I guess it's a little less than a "retina display". iPhone 4 has around 330 dpi and apparently it needs to be above 300 dpi to be considered a retina display. The downside of high resolution is lower game performance.

12. VITA_OWNER

VITA_OWNER Well-Known Member

yeah when you play it on the ngp i bet it will look much richer though it already looks pretty good also console games are usually longer than portable games do you think this will be the same case with NGP?

13. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

We'll a straight port will be the same lengths. Sport games and RPG games are normally just as long. It's really up to the developer. Since portable games are cheaper, it gives less incentive for game developers to spend the same effort, but a lot of console games have been criticized for being short as well (like the Call of Duty series).

14. VITA_OWNER

VITA_OWNER Well-Known Member

yes but i mean in terms of memory will the story be as long as say uncharted drakes fortune?

15. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

You mean restricted by the 4GB flash card? I don't think so since they can use lower resolution textures. If 4GB becomes a limited factor that cannot be increased in the future, then that is a serious mistake by Sony. I would guess the length of Uncharted NGP is going to dependent on what the developers decide to do.

16. N3MES1S75

N3MES1S75 Well-Known Member

Earlier psp titles were over too quick. GOW:CoO was short, just started getting into it and it was over, GOW:GoS was much longer. The PSP is resticted by the size of the UMDs, so i bet we will see longer games on NGP with them gone.

17. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

We will definitely see bigger games on the NGP. 4GB is alot (almost the same as a DVD, and the Xbox 360 has quite a few long, single-disc games). Also, Sony confirmed they will be releasing cartridges with a bigger capacity than 4GB in the future. :)

18. MOFO

MOFO Active Member

Good!
    I don't get why SONY would cap game capacity to 4GB's anyway, it would be stupid on there part.

19. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The Xbox 360 uses dual layer dvds which normally can hold roughly 8.5 GB but Microsoft only allows developers to use 7 GB.

20. MOFO

MOFO Active Member

Didn't UMD's hold just under 2 GB's?
    So i'm thinking 4 GB's for launch games would still have a lot of content.