• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 The PS4 "What game should I get?" Thread

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

DL2000820

Guys I'm getting a ps4 this Christmas but my luck my grandparents didn't get me any games so I decided to get some with my own money so which game?
1. Assassin's Creed 4 black flag
2.Battlefield 4
3.Killzone Shadow Fall

Thread starter #42
Guys I'm getting a ps4 this Christmas but my luck my grandparents didn't get me any games so I decided to get some with my own money so which game?
2.Battlefield 4
3.Killzone Shadow Fall
Two genres here, shooter and an actions adventure with some RPG elements.

If you decide for a shooter wait until Dec. 28th and try the killzone multiplayer free weekend. Then you can see if you like the online play for it.

AC4 is a great game. So many things to do and see.

Checkout the reviews for each game.

Kamehameha

2.Battlefield 4
3.Killzone Shadow Fall
Assassin's Creed IV, in my opinion, is a must-have PS4 game. Even if you have never played the other games in the series, it will hook you right in. Easily one of my favorite games ever. There is so much to do and it will keep you busy for hours upon hours. I have never been much into the trophies or getting platinums. After all, my only
platinum came from Resistance:BS which a brainless monkey could platinum.

However, with AC:IV I actually want to platinum the game. I want to explore the vast world and collect all of the items. The gameplay is just that much fun. I love the combat system, and you have both land and sea combat. I really just love everything about this game, and I recommend it to any PS4 owner. I really think it is the game that every PS4 owner should buy first, unless they just absolutely do not like the type of game it is.

Killzone Shadowfall is like having a beautiful girlfriend with no personality. It's great to look at, but there isn't much there. The campaign mode is very lacking. I get it, it is an FPS and we all know that most FPS games are geared towards online play. Well, I didn't particularly care for the online play either. It was so-so, but CoD and BF have pretty much raised the bar on online play for their unique experiences, respectively. Obviously they are geared towards two different types of gamers, and they pretty much have those two types in their grasp leaving little for Killzone. At least in my opinion.

The gameplay is decent, and it looks gorgeous. It is a difficult but short campaign, and the checkpoints are not very forgiving. You better not play the game without having an hour or more to spare, as you will pretty much need to beat a whole chapter before saving and turning the game off. To me there are two types of games I have found. Those with a story that I don't want to end, and those with a story that I just can't wait to finish and be done with. I feel obligated to beat a game if I spend $60 for it. With Killzone, I just wanted to be done with it. With AC, I don't want it to end. I just want to keep playing.

Now, to BF4. I had heard some great things about BF4, and some complaints about bugs and such. Well, Killzone has some bugs too. I haven't really found any in AC:IV, though. I expect most PS4 games to contain a few, just because of how new it is. With BF4, you pretty much know what you're going to get. I have heard that the campaign is enjoyable. I haven't played the Online mode since the Beta, but I was pretty pleased with that. I am more of a CoD guy when it comes to online, but this will just depend on what you prefer. The one thing Killzone has over BF4 is that you don't have to buy a bunch of DLC to have all the new stuff, at least not since the last time I checked. Obviously there is a lot of DLC to be had on BF4. Also, with KZ you don't have to reach a certain level online to have access to all the guns and equipment. You have access to it all right away.

So, in closing, I would personally pick AC:IV for the reasons mentioned above. I would pick up BF4 before I would pick up KZ. Either of the two FPS may give you hours of mindless fun online (if you can actually get a few kills) but to me neither will give you the experience that AC will.

Good luck, and have fun!

DL2000820

Assassin's Creed IV, in my opinion, is a must-have PS4 game. Even if you have never played the other games in the series, it will hook you right in. Easily one of my favorite games ever. There is so much to do and it will keep you busy for hours upon hours. I have never been much into the trophies or getting platinums. After all, my only
platinum came from Resistance:BS which a brainless monkey could platinum.

However, with AC:IV I actually want to platinum the game. I want to explore the vast world and collect all of the items. The gameplay is just that much fun. I love the combat system, and you have both land and sea combat. I really just love everything about this game, and I recommend it to any PS4 owner. I really think it is the game that every PS4 owner should buy first, unless they just absolutely do not like the type of game it is.

Killzone Shadowfall is like having a beautiful girlfriend with no personality. It's great to look at, but there isn't much there. The campaign mode is very lacking. I get it, it is an FPS and we all know that most FPS games are geared towards online play. Well, I didn't particularly care for the online play either. It was so-so, but CoD and BF have pretty much raised the bar on online play for their unique experiences, respectively. Obviously they are geared towards two different types of gamers, and they pretty much have those two types in their grasp leaving little for Killzone. At least in my opinion.

The gameplay is decent, and it looks gorgeous. It is a difficult but short campaign, and the checkpoints are not very forgiving. You better not play the game without having an hour or more to spare, as you will pretty much need to beat a whole chapter before saving and turning the game off. To me there are two types of games I have found. Those with a story that I don't want to end, and those with a story that I just can't wait to finish and be done with. I feel obligated to beat a game if I spend $60 for it. With Killzone, I just wanted to be done with it. With AC, I don't want it to end. I just want to keep playing.

Now, to BF4. I had heard some great things about BF4, and some complaints about bugs and such. Well, Killzone has some bugs too. I haven't really found any in AC:IV, though. I expect most PS4 games to contain a few, just because of how new it is. With BF4, you pretty much know what you're going to get. I have heard that the campaign is enjoyable. I haven't played the Online mode since the Beta, but I was pretty pleased with that. I am more of a CoD guy when it comes to online, but this will just depend on what you prefer. The one thing Killzone has over BF4 is that you don't have to buy a bunch of DLC to have all the new stuff, at least not since the last time I checked. Obviously there is a lot of DLC to be had on BF4. Also, with KZ you don't have to reach a certain level online to have access to all the guns and equipment. You have access to it all right away.

So, in closing, I would personally pick AC:IV for the reasons mentioned above. I would pick up BF4 before I would pick up KZ. Either of the two FPS may give you hours of mindless fun online (if you can actually get a few kills) but to me neither will give you the experience that AC will.

Good luck, and have fun!
You write a persuasive post and i like it. AC IV it is for me :)

DL2000820

Killzone Shadow Fall
Need For Speed Rivals
Fifa 14
Which game should u get?
I'm not a big fan of sport games, Racing games frustrate me, and FPS's are getting old imo. If u can suggest other games please do

Velox

Personally, my big three would be Marvel Lego, AC4 & Tomb Raider. I have AC4 and Lego and they're both great games. Haven't tried Tomb Raider yet but it looks pretty damn amazing.

MadMike

I got Tomb Raider on the way, what's the general consensus for it?
The campaign is great so far, but the price is a bit much. You get all of the DLC, but the bulk of it is for the game's crappy MP mode. The one tomb you get from the DLC takes a whopping 5 minutes to finish.

Velox

I'd go FF personally but not if I was paying full price. If you have a PS3 you should be able to buy it for much less & upgrade. Bit of a no brainer if you can pick it up for £10 or so + the monthly fee.

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
I'd go FF personally but not if I was paying full price. If you have a PS3 you should be able to buy it for much less & upgrade. Bit of a no brainer if you can pick it up for £10 or so + the monthly fee.
I have $32 in credit at GameStop, that would cover the MGS completely and I would only need $10 more to get FF.

matrixxGT

Anyone played Wolfenstein: the new order yet? From what I understand its kind of a "sleeper hit" I didn't know much about it but I'm looking for a reason to play my PS4. I'm not looking into the reviews much because it seems like the game could be eaaily spoiled. I see a lot of 8/10s and 4/5s and seems like fun. Maybe people are waiting for watchdogs but I'm thinking of waiting on that game and picking up wolfenstein instead.

GamejunkieUK

Anyone played Wolfenstein: the new order yet? From what I understand its kind of a "sleeper hit" I didn't know much about it but I'm looking for a reason to play my PS4. I'm not looking into the reviews much because it seems like the game could be eaaily spoiled. I see a lot of 8/10s and 4/5s and seems like fun. Maybe people are waiting for watchdogs but I'm thinking of waiting on that game and picking up wolfenstein instead.
Quite a few people on the official Playstation forums seem to like it. There is a big thread there discussing the game.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements