• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 The PS4 "What game should I get?" Thread

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Flumbooze

Yeah, I'd mainly be playing BF4's MP I am sure. It's a tough choice, but I think I am leaning towards NFS since I have no racer.

I'd say NFS, until the problems with Battlefield 4 are fixed. Really, I hate EA for pushing DICE to release it even before it's finished.

MadMike

Yeah, I'd mainly be playing BF4's MP I am sure. It's a tough choice, but I think I am leaning towards NFS since I have no racer.

NFS is pretty good. It's not Underground 3, but it's a step in the right direction. I had to play mostly offline, because I got sick of getting a host migration message every 15 minutes online.

Caleb

Anyone play Lego Marvel yet? (PS4 version)

Didn't see a thread for it... but with not so many games right now and not being released for a few months at least, I think I am going to get it as I was already interested in it.

GamejunkieUK

I think I'm going to ease up on games purchases for these new consoles. I bought too many games for the PS3 and 360 and some I hardly played and some I never played at all except for putting them in the console for 5 minutes to check them out. I'm not making that mistake again especially with games costing more on the new consoles. I've got Killzone, Knack and the free PS Plus games when I get my PS3 a week on Friday at the UK launch. For the Xbox One this Friday I've got Forza that comes free with it and will probably download Killer Instinct. If there are any demos I will download those too. For know that will probably be it. I'm interested in Need For Speed on the PS4 and Dead Rising on the Xbox One but will probably wait until they go down in price.

Well being the hardcore FPS gamer that i am my first 3 games would be...
~ Killzone: ShadowFall
~ Call of Duty: Ghosts
~ Battlefield 4
these are my MUST HAVE games.

Games I have got so far:

BF4
Fifa 14
Killzone Shadowfall
Resogun
Contrast

What to get next???

Assassins Creed?
COD (BF4 looks better to me)?
Knack?
DC Universe Online?

I have only played AC1 and got really bored quickly.

Was very repetitive has the franchise improved??

DC online is free to a point right?

Will look into Warframe thanks!

Velox

I got bored of DC Online last time way before I had to pay anything much, although I think I did drop a few pounds to get the upgraded membership which meant I skipped any queues. Was pretty bad when it launched. Haven't played it again since getting the PS4.

Warframe is great (so far anyway!) More of a twitch shooter but mostly PVE. Its great as you can do missions solo, with a mate or two or with randoms. Seems quite grindy but thats not always a bad thing.

Maxpower

Anyone play Lego Marvel yet? (PS4 version)

Didn't see a thread for it... but with not so many games right now and not being released for a few months at least, I think I am going to get it as I was already interested in it.
Probably the best Lego yet. Haven't put a lot into yet but so far it's great. If you liked the rest of the Lego games you'll love this.

Kamehameha

Games I have got so far:

BF4
Fifa 14
Killzone Shadowfall
Resogun
Contrast

What to get next???

Assassins Creed?
COD (BF4 looks better to me)?
Knack?
DC Universe Online?
I recommend ACIV to anyone. I had never played an AC game before, but this has become one of my favorite games of all time. I truly think it is amazing. There is so much to do, whether it is building your pirate ship up; searching for treasures; or picking up some assassination contracts. It is an amazing game, and in my opinion, the best experience on the PS4 so far. It is worth the money, to me.

Still, if you didn't like the other AC games then it's possible you won't like this. I don't find it repetitive, but that's just me. I mean, yes, there is some repetition like every game, but there is so much to do that it's hardly noticeable to me.

Caleb, they have a demo for the Lego game if you are interested. I was interested too, tried the demo, and decided it wasn't for me. It depends on the person, but I didn't like it.

Thread starter #37
I would agree with AC4. Really caught me off-guard as i hadn't played other AC games. I feel almost two different games as the land-based and sea-based is so different. Really enjoying it.

AC4 is currently on the 12 Days of Christmas Special offer for PS3. Then use the PS3 to PS4 upgrade to pay far less than retail or on PS4 store.

I got it for AUD$50. Cheapest in store $79.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements