• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 The PS4 "What game should I get?" Thread

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Kamehameha

Cool, I will start this thread off.

Assassin's Creed 4 or Knack?

I have pretty much made my decision, but interested in what other members here think.

Caleb

I have pretty much made my decision, but interested in what other members here think.
Assassins Creed 4. I'm sure it has more play time, and will be more worth it. But if you truly are a platform gamer, get Knack. In my case, get both. :D

Thread starter #4

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
I went with Assassins Creed actually. Both interest me but I felt it was the better value in terms of gameplay and things to do.

I plan to get Knack down the road in a sale.

MadMike

Get Knack. You mentioned before that you never really got into the other AC games. There's an obvious emphasis on naval combat this time, but little else really stands out as being a departure from the series' yearly formula. In the end, AC4 is still an AC game, and if the previous games didn't draw you in, this one isn't likely to either.

Kamehameha

Well, just to clarify, it isn't so much that the other AC games didn't interest me. I didn't get a PS3 until this year. Well, when I remembered AC and the concept of it (because I heard about it when it first came out, but without a PS3 I couldn't play it), it was already close to the PS4
release. I did try a demo once, but I never was able to play it extensively to really know if I would enjoy it. The gameplay of the other games seems fun, but again, without really playing one I just am not sure.

Knack looks like a lot of fun, but I know AC4 will give me more play time. Still debating it, but I am trying to see what everyone else thinks and if it is a game that someone who has never really played anything from the series can enjoy.

MadMike

Well, just to clarify, it isn't so much that the other AC games didn't interest me. I didn't get a PS3 until this year. Well, when I remembered AC and the concept of it (because I heard about it when it first came out, but without a PS3 I couldn't play it), it was already close to the PS4
release. I did try a demo once, but I never was able to play it extensively to really know if I would enjoy it. The gameplay of the other games seems fun, but again, without really playing one I just am not sure.

Knack looks like a lot of fun, but I know AC4 will give me more play time. Still debating it, but I am trying to see what everyone else thinks and if it is a game that someone who has never really played anything from the series can enjoy.

Ah, I see. The majority of your time in AC will be spent doing random stuff in the world. Eurogamer has been doing some streams of the 360 version, and I'd recommend checking them out to see if it's something that looks fun to you.

MadMike

Caleb

Moved over here so as not to clutter up the Knack thread with off-topic discussion. I already bought NFS, and I'm not really a fan of the sports games that are available.

Caleb

Caleb

Moved over here so as not to clutter up the Knack thread with off-topic discussion. I already bought NFS, and I'm not really a fan of the sports games that are available.
Ah, gotcha. Hm. Well, I don't think the Lego game will be much of an upgrade of the PS3 version. Did you get AC4 as well?

MadMike

Ah, gotcha. Hm. Well, I don't think the Lego game will be much of an upgrade of the PS3 version. Did you get AC4 as well?

Yep. Killzone, BF4, AC4, Knack, and NFS. I agree about the LEGO Marvel game. The only change seems to be the resolution. There really isn't anything else that appeals to me, so maybe I'll just give Knack a go. I thought about Injustice for a second, then remembered how much I suck at fighting games.

Caleb

Yep. Killzone, BF4, AC4, Knack, and NFS. I agree about the LEGO Marvel game. The only change seems to be the resolution. There really isn't anything else that appeals to me, so maybe I'll just give Knack a go. I thought about Injustice for a second, then remembered how much I suck at fighting games.
I guess you could get COD, but that'd be overkill with so many shooters.

Kamehameha

I really would stick with Knack. Out of everything else that you haven't bought yet, it seems the best. Obviously COD and BF are what they are, but since you already have KZ and you wanted a breath of fresh air then I think Knack is a great one to try. I don't see it being as bad as people think.

Flumbooze

Not going to lie, played the BF4 beta and it was light and day better than BF3. I guess it depends on what you really want. I love the Killzone series so that was my choice for a shooter.

In the end I decided to go for Killzone as well. Battlefield 4 looks so good, but I can still play both BC2 and BF3 on my PC, so I don't really feel the need to buy it yet.

Caleb

Battlefield or NFS. I already have Killzone, so I wasn't sure If I should get BF, but it looks great. Not the biggest fan of racers, but I do enjoy them. NFS looks fun.

Kamehameha

Battlefield or NFS. I already have Killzone, so I wasn't sure If I should get BF, but it looks great. Not the biggest fan of racers, but I do enjoy them. NFS looks fun.
I haven't played either to be honest with you, but I am considering NFS. I'm not a huge racer either, but I like to have a variety of games. I have a sports game, first person shooter, and action/adventure. So I will probably go with Knack or NFS next.

I have heard great things about BF4 and am even considering picking it up, but it really depends on what you like. If you already have a shooter, do you want another one? If you do, go for it. If you want a variety, I would go with NFS.

It also depends on what you buy your FPS games for. Battlefield's Multiplayer is obviously highlighted, and the main reason people buy the games. The campaign will most likely not be the best ever and will probably be similar to other shooters. Again, I haven't played it on PS4, but I did play it on PS3.

You will probably want some more answers from people who have actually played the games, but I figured it would chime in and give my opinion. The launch isn't all that saturated with games, so we will have a good chance to buy most of these launch titles at some point before more games start becoming available.

Caleb

Yeah, I'd mainly be playing BF4's MP I am sure. It's a tough choice, but I think I am leaning towards NFS since I have no racer.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements