• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement Spam Protection Enabled.

Discussion in 'CarlosX360 Archive' started by Carlos, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos

Carlos Owner Staff Member

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    As you can see, Spam has been reduced to a level that moderators, and even myself has been satisfied with.

PSVitaForum is now going through a spam wall, so if your post is caught by askimet of the Wordpress fame... then your post has been moderated automatically. However, if your post has been caught by askimet, don't worry about it. Just wait it out while your moderators has screened them. I have instructed them to screen moderated posts, and leave them alone. However, if they see legit posts, ones that they feel ...lives up to the quality standards of these forums... they'll approve it.

"How do I get past this check?" Well, it's simple. Post quality posts, and moderators will think that it's meant for these forums.

Your first post will be scrutinized by the askimet tech, but once moderators have understood that your post is legit, they'll approve it. After that post, all of your posts will become "common place." In other words, your posts will become more - recognized.

So, my entrusted moderators will look through your posts, and decide what goes onto the site. I will instruct them to do a check to approve, to actions to accomplish x results.

Please understand these standards, to help prevent spam from this point on.

Have a nice day, and thank you for your patience!

2. Carlos

Carlos Owner Staff Member

PSN:
    CarlosX360
    I've now enabled more spam protection through Honey Pot, and StopForumSpam. Trip these wires, you're out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.