• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Sony NGP features dropped to keep handheld affordable

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chris, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

(source)

Are you surprised that sony has already cut features to reduce the price? I'm really wondering what they had in there before.

2. nathan james

nathan james Member

Do they simply mean cutting out the 3G on some models? or will there be a model with out say the GPS and the compass or something? i find both of those appealing. Especially for non-gaming apps which have been confirmed for the device. I cant see this being priced too much more than a PS3 unless they are using the NGP like they did the go! to increase PS3 sales, however i can't see this either since it is an entirely new platform.

3. cr1ticaltech

cr1ticaltech Member

I believe what they are saying here is they planned for the system to have more features that we never new about. Possibly they had a faster processor, etc. Maybe they had considered 3d. The specs that we have now are the current specs.

4. nathan james

nathan james Member

makes you wonder what they had in mind before. As it stands its amazing

5. cr1ticaltech

cr1ticaltech Member

If they were trying to do a 5inch 3d OLED. They may have been a little crazy. [​IMG]

6. nathan james

nathan james Member

yeah plus, you can't really have a 3D touch screen. Plus it would add to the ngp price. And i would rather have a HD quality screen with a huge MULTITOUCH screen than a 3D image which i can't sell to my nephew. I would rather have a OLED than a 3D screen anyways.

2 people like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I would like to try 3d gaming once, but I really can't imagine wanting to use it all the time. Certain games may be good in 3d, but probably more like mini games, not first or third person shooters. From what I've heard, most games that have a 3d option look much better with 2d and higher resolution and framerate.

8. nathan james

nathan james Member

yeah i want to try it out but nothing really beyond checking out a demo at gamestop

2 people like this.
  9. Crysus

Crysus New Member

i dont care about the 3d
    but i am really curious as to what the other feature may have been

- the possible phone function
    - upgradable memory
    - internal hardware
    - the miracle of BC

have their been any rumors as to what the cut features where ??

2 people like this.
  10. cr1ticaltech

cr1ticaltech Member

Nothing besides what we were speculating. Phone function is the Xperia play, which is a Phone with some PS1 capabilities. Memory I believe will be some kind of flash memory. BC should be capable of playing all PSP games.

11. Crysus

Crysus New Member

i would have loved to have seen some basic phone funktion when paired with the bluetooth headset :)

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Maybe if they allowed something like Skype or google voice. Personally I'd rather just have a more mobile smartphone since the NGP is not going to be extremely portable.