• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Size of the NGP (picture)

IGN released this comparison of the sizes of a lot of the devices your used to. Some people think the NGP may be too big to be a good portable system. I disagree and seeing this comparison makes me really impressed with the size of the screen and analog sticks.

its looks big but then you see the iPad and its like oh ok, its basically a tablet plus physical buttons. I don't hear anyone complaining about the new Dell streak tablet which has 3G voice and data so its basically a phone. Plus its not too much bigger than a 3000

The NGP kinda reminds me of a tortilla, lol. What I mean is that it's even thinner than the PSP 3000 itself, yet it is wider. So yeah, but I'll get a carrying case for it.

AMonte

Just found this article on cnet with several pictures making fun of the size of the ngp. This one is definitely the best:

See the rest of them here: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/s...nsole-massiveness-reader-creativity-50002928/
LOL. I thought the NGP model that was shown in Tokyo was larger than it should be, but it's thinner than the PSP 3000 which is really thin, so I'm not too sure what to think about it's size. I'm going to look for pictures and videos now.
Maybe that NGP model looked bigger than it actually is to some people it's longer and wider than a PSP 3000. I still want it to be a slide if it's possible, two main reasons are for size and portable/carry purposes, or as small as possible with a non slide model. I hope it happens.

AMonte

they always have something to complain about
There are Sony haters, PSP haters, and PlayStation haters, and of course Nintendo and Xbox fanboys, some of them are going to make up things, and try to make things look negative. For example with the NGP, it's size. Which one, is prove that the NGP is the greatest device to come to handhelds and I wouldn't be surprised if to gaming PERIOD, because that's the only "con" that people can find. And even if the NGP when it releases is the same size as the model that was shown in Tokyo, at least to hardcore gamers is a perfect size. And besides, I don't think the NGP model shown in Tokyo is as large as some people think because it's thinner than the PSP 3000.

VITA_OWNER

it starts as a playful joke but then later becomes a weapon that can be constantly used against the ngp what happen to the good ol days were people were so excited for stuff they didn't hunt for flaws *sigh*

Chris

it starts as a playful joke but then later becomes a weapon that can be constantly used against the ngp what happen to the good ol days were people were so excited for stuff they didn't hunt for flaws *sigh*
I guarantee nobody will talk about it being to big when they feel how comfortable it is and how awesome the 5 inch screen is.

AMonte

AMonte

I think this is a better example of the actual size of the NGP.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/5337/

It's from the PSP section of Joystiq, all 3 videos are on their site. Here's the link to that
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/02/video-from-sonys-ngp-panel-uncharted-portable-little-deviants/

As you can see the NGP actually doesn't look as large as some people have said. And if you do some research, it's actually extremely thin. I would like it to be a little smaller if Sony is going to keep the "bar" design.

There aren't any negatives or cons about the NGP. That only "con" that haters and fanboys have said is it's size, which we don't know if the model shown in Tokyo is too large or is actually perfect. Since there aren't any cons or negatives, haters and fanboys have said that since th NGP is so powerful it's going to be expensive and there's no way it's going to be $300 or less, they have said it's going to $350+ or $400+ LOL. The price hasn't been officially announced yet, but all the rumors and insiders have all said it's going to be $250 to $300 tops.
well like ive said before, if people can lug around a ipad then a ngp wont be any problem. I think its perfect size sure it cant fit into my shirt pocket like my go but i carry a backpack around everyday

AMonte

well like ive said before, if people can lug around a ipad then a ngp wont be any problem. I think its perfect size sure it cant fit into my shirt pocket like my go but i carry a backpack around everyday
Saying it like that makes it seem obvious that if people carry around an iPad than carrying a NGP won't be any problem. But in my opinion, you can't really say that because an iPad and NGP are two different things. An iPad is like a laptop which is more important to some of the owners life than a how important a portable gaming device is to portable gaming device owners, unless the NGP has things that is going to make the NGP more important to it's owners life than for example, a PSP or 3DS.

Also, not everyone carries a backpack with them everywhere, and some don't carry a backpack or any type of carrying bag at all, you have to think about that. Myself as an example, I wake up, walk to the bus stop, get to work by bus, walk to a restaurant to have lunch, spend some time with my girlfriend in her home, spend the rest of the day outside, mostly Downtown, get dinner, than go home at night by bus, or sometimes after work I go straight home. Now from the second I leave my home until I get to work, listening to music would be great, and although music/MP3 playing hasn't been officially announced for the NGP yet (unless they have and I don't know, please post link), it's a safe bet the NGP will have those features, using the NGP as a MP3 would be great. When I'm in my girlfriends home I could play games. And when I get off work until I get home listening to music on NGP would be great, and also using the GPS in case I don't know where something is or I'm looking for a new place would be great. In those cases I could carry a backpack with me and carry it there, or if it can fit comfortably in my pocket than carry the NGP there.

On weekends if I'm going to a bar or club, unless I have a type of bag with me I don't see how I can carry the NGP unless it fits comfortably in my pocket and doesn't noticeably stick out. And I would LOVE to bring the NGP with me to use it as a GPS.

And that's just my current experience. There's also the teens in middle school and high school that are going to own a NGP. There's also the girls. Etc etc.

I hope we get more information about the NGP's size and design SOON! I can't wait to know more about thise unbelievable machine!

Chris

Saying it like that makes it seem obvious that if people carry around an iPad than carrying a NGP won't be any problem. But in my opinion, you can't really say that because an iPad and NGP are two different things. An iPad is like a laptop which is more important to some of the owners life than a how important a portable gaming device is to portable gaming device owners, unless the NGP has things that is going to make the NGP more important to it's owners life than for example, a PSP or 3DS...
We already know the NGP's size. It will fit in many pockets. I can't guarantee that it will fit in all. It's a lot smaller than the iPad but people do lug the iPad around as primarily an entertainment device. I was just using my uncle's iPad 2 and he can't really see any use for doing work. Btw, I'm going to try and merge these last few posts with the Size of the NGP thread since this is diverging from the price discussion.

AMonte

We already know the NGP's size. It will fit in many pockets. I can't guarantee that it will fit in all. It's a lot smaller than the iPad but people do lug the iPad around as primarily an entertainment device. I was just using my uncle's iPad 2 and he can't really see any use for doing work. Btw, I'm going to try and merge these last few posts with the Size of the NGP thread since this is diverging from the price discussion.
I wouldn't be surprised if by launch the NGP's size is different than when it was first unveiled. It could also still be the same.

i cant imagine it wont fit into a pocket, but after awhile it will rub your leg even my go does that and the sticks will increase that
That's why I think the sticks should be able to be "pushed" when not the sticks are not in use so it would fit more comfortably in your pocket, and the sticks won't stick out or bother you, and another thing is so the sticks don't get damaged which is very important.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Pays for Server Costs