• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Scott Rohde Gametrailers Video Interview!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

Dark_AnNiaLatOr

He talks alot about making unique games and cross play. Also he says there are ip's that they're not showing at all but are very far into development, which is interesting. I knew that they weren't showing some games, those that will be showcased throughout the year to keep the hype train going. This will be the ultimate portable device. It's obvious that sony's vision has changed for the better!!!!

"I'm happy to announce that the wifi only model will retail for $249" - Kaz = awesome quote!!!

thehunter01

I just wanted to post this, a good solid interview and really puts doubts away.

He makes a lot of sense and specially about the less games that got shown at the e3 conference for the vita, there just isn't enough time to pick stuff out. he clearly stated that they got development projects that are already are far in development but simple couldnt'show not even at e3 because of time constrains.

This sounds really good.

Teh 250 dollar line from kaz really sounded good, you saw him really hyped about announcing it. And it really made the show and the vita acception beyond better.

If the vita would be costing 350 dollar and he would announce it, i dont think many people would be interested in it. they did a good job with this.

Mendax

If they really have some more games that are pretty far along that weren't shown at E3; then we should see some new games at Gamescom in August :)

Thread starter #9

Dark_AnNiaLatOr

Did you hear what he said, they are not going to lose money on it from day 1 lol.
Yea I heard that, but I think what it really means is that they are not going to lose money on the PSVita brand as a whole. For example they are losing money on the handheld hardware itself, but combined with memory cards and games, that will generate profit. This theory makes sense with previous reports that they're losing money on the hardware. Plus he didn't exactly say they were making money off the hardware itself directly.

Chris

This guys pretty enjoyable to listen to and I feel he is giving his honest opinion even though he didn't say anything negative about the product. I'd like them to explain why they went with AT&T (I know but they don't want to say because it would involve negative talk about AT&T as well). Btw thats another thing that would go well in the psvitaforum faq page.
Did you hear what he said, they are not going to lose money on it from day 1 lol.
Yea I heard that, but I think what it really means is that they are not going to lose money on the PSVita brand as a whole. For example they are losing money on the handheld hardware itself, but combined with memory cards and games, that will generate profit. This theory makes sense with previous reports that they're losing money on the hardware. Plus he didn't exactly say they were making money off the hardware itself directly.
That must be what he meant. I read thehunter's thread about the PS Vita being sold for a loss as soon as I heard that from Rohde.

I don't think you can misinterpret when Kaz says they expect to make a profit in 3 years. There cannot be that much of a discrepancy.

awesomeness

along with the profit from day 1 thing ....did any of u hear this..."Im not scared of cannibalization , did any of u see uncharted 3" .......does he mean that uncharted 3 may come to ngp or is he just talkin abt the ps3....becos when he told this he was talkin abt the vita.....

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements