• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita PS VITA games side loading feasible?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am new to this PS world, want to pre-order PS VITA.
I want to know if side loading of games is feasible in PS VITA or not? Means do we need to buy each & every game or we can download it from internet??

lol You knew this getting into the console. Developers spend a lot of time and hard work making the games we play. Now of course they are over-priced and unfortunately unless someone will need to release Grade A titles for cheap before it changes

Thread starter #6
actually I am coming from android where side-loading is very common :)
Ok, so basically there is NO hope of some kind of JAILBREAK kinda thing in PS VITA ??!!??

Also suggest me , which bundle I should go for in Singapore:
(A) S$499 - WiFi model, 4GB memory card, PS Vita accessory pack, GAME: Uncharted: Golden Abyss
(B) S$489 - WiFi model, 4GB memory card, PS Vita accessory pack, GAME: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Normal console price is S$399 !!!

Mendax

LOL Vita isn't anywhere near as open as Android. If Vita does get hacked; it'll probably be years from now.

I'd go for Uncharted myself.

Thread starter #8
cool, so for the first time I will pay for the games ;)
Thanks all, I will BUY the Uncharted one !!

One last information, are the older PSPs hacked? means does they have side loading kinda thing?

Mendax

cool, so for the first time I will pay for the games ;)
Thanks all, I will BUY the Uncharted one !!

One last information, are the older PSPs hacked? means does they have side loading kinda thing?
Yes PSP has been hacked.

Actually they already found a hack for ps vita, but it is only for ps one games
Actually that's PSP* games. Vita hasn't actually been hacked, all the PSP's security holes had to be left in place in the PSP emulator for it to work properly but you're just hijacking the PSP emulator. You don't have any control of the Vita beyond that. Same is true for the 3DS. Those R4 carts for DS games work with the 3DS but they haven't been able to actually do anything with 3DS games.

Mendax

This is free

And the console comes with a voucher to download 3 mini games free off PSN.

Also the Vita comes pre-installed with a suite of mini games called Welcome Park to introduce you to Vita's interface

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements