• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Notice: Destiny 2 Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I bought DestinyOverwatch with the intention of capturing the market segment of Destiny and becoming a leader in the segment. Bungie released Destiny 2. While the game was released, I'd already completed the acquisition of DestinyOverwatch, so I wasn't able to ride the coattails of the series' success. Destiny 2 sold many units, but failed to meet Activision's expectations. Despite that, I see a lot of traffic still coming in, but user engagement has dropped. It was clear the first few months. I see traffic coming in, but I don't see user engagement - it could be anything, from users returning, and logging in, to new users coming in and posting. I see a few new users coming in and post new threads, but that's just about it.

I could have just merged this site into DestroyRepeat on the first month I bought it, but what I really wanted to do was catch the Destiny 2 buzz. It's better to have a niche, than anything else. It's how the previous owner found you all. Because Destiny was a hot new trend. It went so far, to reaching 5 thousand members. That's an incredible feat in itself. When or if Destiny 3 comes out, I won't be around. I am switching from niche-games-site, to niche-platform-site in the coming years. I may change my mind, but this is how I feel now.

I wanted to reach you all. I wanted to expand my brand. I want to go onto bigger things, better things. But I have to scratch, claw my way from smaller markets and into bigger markets.

TL;DR: I still see traffic, but not nearly as much as it should be. With this in mind, I will merge this site into a gaming forum that I manage - DestroyRepeat.com

I hope to see you on the other side. I will now use this site as a test, to learn from traffic of Destiny/Destiny 2.

Thread starter #2

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I'm having second thoughts about this seeing new traffic, and new users. I will conduct new plans for the site as we go forward.

Thread starter #3

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I'm seeing a lot of traffic coming through, but I still don't see users posting, so It's time to make the move. I need to free up a license for a new project.

Will see you on DestroyRepeat.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements