• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita My personal ultimate game idea

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Chaotia_Drums

Ok, first this may be in the wrong place or wicked long, if so move it delete it I don't care.

Also This is the only game game forum I'm on soooo. This is more of me hoping someone who can actually make games happens to read this and be inspired. But please add your thoughts. This might be a little crazy but here we go...

My game is actually multiple games, to be bought separately. Each game is a complete single player campaign, perhaps with other fun short mission stuff.
The games:

A cod like game
A fighter jet game
Helicopter Game
Tank game
Maybe a spy or covert ops game like splinter cell
Or even a navel based game

Remember all the games are sold separately and have complete single player package EXCEPT they all share the same server for online play.

Imagine:
your playin a game like cod, pinned down by troops, helicopter, and a tank. You call your buddy and say, "Jim, we need air support NOW".

Your buddy hangs up the phone, starts the game and saves the day, only to be met by enemy fighters after his bomb run.

Awesome!

stormyandcold

I think games like Battlefield 3 are very close to filling most of those game-types without the need for seperate games.

Chaotia_Drums

Storm

But if you have separate games you can focus on what that individual game is about, making for a far better and more detailed experience.

Don't get me wrong, battle field 3 is one of my fav games. I still find the jets, tanks, and helicopers lacking in comparison to the fps aspect. Multiple games would allow all parts of the game to be equally great. Potentially anyway.

Tv, as far as the server running 100's maybe 1000's of players, yes like eve, however, with the game play of the individual game you have.

Tygamr

Banned
Storm

But if you have separate games you can focus on what that individual game is about, making for a far better and more detailed experience.

Don't get me wrong, battle field 3 is one of my fav games. I still find the jets, tanks, and helicopers lacking in comparison to the fps aspect. Multiple games would allow all parts of the game to be equally great. Potentially anyway.

Ty, as far as the server running 100's maybe 1000's of players, yes like eve, however, with the game play of the individual game you have.
No, I meant how the games interact. Dust 514 is a MMO FPS set in the universe of EVE (which is a space-trader MMO) and runs on the same servers. It is integrated into EVE. People playing EVE can ask people playing Dust 514 to capture a territory (or defend it) and pay them to do so. People playing EVE can also give air-support etc.

Basically, in EVE you control space fleets, and in Dust 514 you control ground forces, and the two games interact between each other.

XSpike

Sounds like it'll need a massive server, lots of bandwidth and wouldn't be that great to look at due to hardware + map size needed with all those players on screen n the rest.. Would be better if it was all in one game, and you're SP levels you wanted to be released in DLC.

If I where to create a game, one of my many many idea's would be for the Vita is...

A game like Company of Heroes, the game will mostly be MP but has bots for skirmish mode. It'll be 2v2 online or 1v1.. On the 2v2 mode, one player is Commander the other is a soldier in first person/3rd person view who can go round, plant mines, defenses, drive tanks etc.. The OP soldier on the field. The commander will play just like CoH.. If that doesn't work that well, then just a CoH game will do! Making use of the touch screen (hold L1 and then push on touch screen to build something or etc... hold R1 for map) stuff like that to allow RTS to work better on Vita then console.

Chaotia_Drums

It would absolutely need massive bandwidth. A monthly fee may be the only option to cover funds for such bandwidth. But each server could be a single map. So to DLC a new map pack wouldn't even need to happen, run a new server. New map.

Personally, I will take game play over visual effects every time, I'm on there to play a game not an interactive movie. I dont care if it's stick figures, if it's a fps that's more fun then cod I'll play with stick figures.

But bots with small human online matches always makes things more fun!

I'd also like to see a star wars battle front concept game. Heck, even battle front itself, but a full vita release.

Chaotia_Drums

I think I thought of cool compromise on the multiple games concept.

Instead, 1 game but each action:
Air vehicles, ground vehicles, solders, maybe even rts, or spies. Each have there own disk. Maybe just start with 2, then release the rest as DLC or add on packs.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements