• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita My Birthday Present :D

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

talhaa

Hey guys! It's my birthday today. I kinda need some help deciding on what to get though. I really have wanted a Playstation Vita since last year when it was announced, but i'm not sure about it now. Is the Vita really worth it? Also, my parents said I could either get a Vita or a new laptop. The laptop I use right now is a pretty good one, but I share it with my dad. So, what do you guys think I should do?

Rakuen33

I say laptop, depending on specs, but Vita's amazing too!

And you know that since you posted this on a 'Vita' forum, most of the responses will probably be ''Vita'' ;P

unless you really need the use of your own computer I say the vita. if you do need access to a computer more then your getting defenatly get the computer. the web browser on the vita is very good aswell, so that could be taken into consideration. (youtube doesn't work however)

Thread starter #5

talhaa

Thanks for the input guys! I do need a computer very much for school, but the one I am using is fine. I think it'll do for another 2 years or so. Words cannot express how much I love gaming though. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding between a laptop and a Vita.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Staff member
If you don't mind sharing the laptop by all means go with the vita!
But personally even though the vita is great, you can do much more things
with the laptop!

Thread starter #7

talhaa

Well, I don't mind sharing the laptop that much. My dad doesn't really use it a lot anyways :p. If I get a laptop, I would have gotten a gaming laptop. So, I think the Vita is a cheaper alternative. Hm....

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Staff member
If $$$ is an issue, then go for the vita :).
I wouldn't like my parents to spend something pricey on me.
They'll love you more hahahaha.

Happy BD!!!! :B

A Laptop is useful for homework, kill time, etc -> let you parents give you this as a present, this will help you more for anything else
Vita is only for killing time (parents' oint of view) -> save up for it :3

Gamzinga

Thanks for the input guys! I do need a computer very much for school, but the one I am using is fine. I think it'll do for another 2 years or so. Words cannot express how much I love gaming though. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding between a laptop and a Vita.
Happy birthday dude!

I'll tell you what you should do. Priorities FIRST! You need a laptop for school and that comes first before all other things. A laptop will not only prepare yourself for school but it'll also offer you gaming, where PC gaming still rules above all consoles and handhelds.

The PSVita is great, but it's not as great as a laptop(depends on specs) and if I had to choose, it'll be a laptop. No question about it!

MadMike

Well, I don't mind sharing the laptop that much. My dad doesn't really use it a lot anyways :p. If I get a laptop, I would have gotten a gaming laptop. So, I think the Vita is a cheaper alternative. Hm....
I bought a gaming laptop a couple of years ago and am seriously regretting it now because I have to upgrade. If you want a PC for gaming get a desktop so when you need to upgrade you can just replace parts instead of having to start completely from scratch like I have to. If you want to save money, however, get a Vita.

Arock387

what gizmo said. Laptops have short life spans when it comes to gaming. If you want a computer gaming experience get a PC. For everything else a laptop is fine.

But the Vita is an awesome thing too.. I would ask instead of a laptop if they could buy you a pc, buy it in parts and have someone help you build it. You can save a good grand doing it that way. I spend like 700$ for my PC that if dell built something similair i would easily spend $1500

rrajao

unless you really need the use of your own computer I say the vita. if you do need access to a computer more then your getting defenatly get the computer. the web browser on the vita is very good aswell, so that could be taken into consideration. (youtube doesn't work however)
I disagree. As much as I like the Vita, its web browser is pathetic for a 2012 mobile device.

As for the OP, do the math. Ask your parents what laptop they'll buy for you, then check its price online. If it's more expensive than the Vita (anything bigger than a netbook should be), get that. You can always save up to buy the less expensive Vita later on.

Thread starter #17

talhaa

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys! I've decided that I'm going to get a laptop now, and in a couple of months I'll buy a Vita with my own money.

Thread starter #18

talhaa

I disagree. As much as I like the Vita, its web browser is pathetic for a 2012 mobile device.

As for the OP, do the math. Ask your parents what laptop they'll buy for you, then check its price online. If it's more expensive than the Vita (anything bigger than a netbook should be), get that. You can always save up to buy the less expensive Vita later on.
They said they were planning on buying me a MacBook Pro :D

bakagami

Hey guys! It's my birthday today. I kinda need some help deciding on what to get though. I really have wanted a Playstation Vita since last year when it was announced, but i'm not sure about it now. Is the Vita really worth it? Also, my parents said I could either get a Vita or a new laptop. The laptop I use right now is a pretty good one, but I share it with my dad. So, what do you guys think I should do?
Happy B-day!
As much as I love my Vita, I can't really recommend it right now. there are a bunch of things that aren't working the way that they're supposed to (or were advertised) and there aren't that many games for it yet. A year from now I'm willing to bet that the Vita will be a the thing to have but right now I'm mostly playing my old PSP games (what few I can get to work that is)
The laptop is more practical in the long run IMO

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements