• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Most wanted software feature for the NGP?

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by cr1ticaltech, Feb 15, 2011.

1. fanoulimate

fanoulimate Active Member

Why not!? it might be a big success! Like the... n-gage... ... oh...

4 people like this.
  2. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Heh, you made me giggle. :D

3. Cheesehunter

Cheesehunter Member

@ mikaru...I think they won't make it a phone! We have a playstation phone already...the Xperia play

4. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

5. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The only chance for those that want a phone is a voip service. I'm currently satisfied with keeping my devices separate.

6. VITA_OWNER

VITA_OWNER Well-Known Member

omg i would die if it had flash

7. Cheesehunter

Cheesehunter Member

oh yes flash and .mkv, and I want a .pdf reader but I think sony will not include that ...

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Any particular reason for PDF? Just wondering what you often view in PDF. I have some books in PDF and some documentation and it is a very common format so it would be a nice feature. I would like the Kindle application on the NGP.

9. Cheesehunter

Cheesehunter Member

oh did i post it already ?...sry :D...ok i have lots of ebooks ...and a video chat would be cool

10. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

The NGP isn't going to be a phone, but I would like phone capabilities and I think it should have them. Of course not mandatory, just optional. Some people like to have everything in one device, some people aren't going to want to spend a lot of money on a smartphone and a NGP which both can do a lot of the same things. Some people will want NGP with phone capabilities, some won't.

Also, some people are saying that the NGP shouldn't have phone capabilities because of the Xperia Play, but they are completely different devices. The X Play is a smartphone that has physical real gaming buttons but can only play your regular phone games, your smartphone games, PSone games, etc. But the NGP would be a gaming handheld with the ability to make and receive calls and send and receive texts. They would obviously be two completely different things. If you want a smartphone and play PSone games and smartphone games with a real gaming pad than get an Xperia Play, if you want a real gaming handheld and make calls and texts than get a NGP. Simple.

11. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

My updated most wanted features:

They're simple.

In-everything everything, which means being able to access anything while doing anything.

Make and recieve calls, send and receive texts.

Being able to play PS3 games without the PS3 needing to be in current Remote Play mode that makes it that you can't do anything else on PS3, and being able to do everything you can normally do on PS3 while playing PS3 games on NGP.

The PS3 game disc doesn't have to be in PS3 to play on NGP and that another game can be played on PS3 while you're playing one of your PS3 games on NGP. Make it that you can tranfer the game into the NGP and obviously Sony could make it that each game can only be played on 1 linked NGP and 1 linked PS3 at a time, so let's say you start playing Uncharted 3 on PS3 and have to leave and want to play it on the go and someone in your house wants to play it or another game on PS3 that person can also play it.

Good quality camera and video and robust music, photo. video playback.

Good internet with up to date flash and everything that is needed for a good running browser that every page can be viewed properly.

Ability to call via video chat and video chat.

Robust PSN Profiles or whatever they're called.

And I think that's all.

12. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

This isn't features but,

PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE THE LAUNCH PRICE COMPARABLE TO 3DS'S!

And game price comparable to 3DS's as well!

13. VITA_OWNER

VITA_OWNER Well-Known Member

with your demands i find it impossible to be comparable to the 3ds price but hey one can hope

14. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

None of the features I want that I listed are anything new, they have been done for many years now and wouldn't affect the price enormously.

15. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The only feature I see increasing the price is "Make and receive calls, send and receive texts." The NGP should already has all the hardware required to do this. Wether or not Sony will unlock those features is beyond me. A good camera does increase the price but I think the NGP already plans to have one.

Clearly the NGP costs more to make than the 3DS but the components of the 3DS may only cost Nintendo $101 per unit. We also have to realize that there are other costs such as manufacturing, marketing, and shipping.

16. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Whoops, didn't notice your earlier post. :cool:

17. Karoa

Karoa Well-Known Member

I would love if NGP had an app service like appworld on bb or app store like on iphone :D

18. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

Oh yes that too, I forgot to add that.

2 people like this.
  19. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Sync files with computer and PS3 and Flash support in and outside browser.

20. Zarb

Zarb Active Member

Skype for sure, with the ability to switch which camera the other person(s) can see through. Facebook integration, and Google+ integration.