• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Mac vs Windows

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

Teg

A hot debate topic across various online communities is that of whether or not Mac is better than Windows. What are you're thoughts? What do you use?

I've used both a Macbook and a Windows PC. That being said, I've been using my Macbook Pro Retina for almost a year. I had thought about checking out Windows 10, but after all the complaining about it I decided to just stick to my Mac. Everything looks crisp and amazing on the Mac compared to Windows. I've never had issues with virus's on it either.

Kavon

It's true that Macs are very stylish, but Apple as a company are very strict about how they want their customers to be using their devices. Their products are not very customizable. This is true for all their devices, including the IPhone. Also, many people who use Apple products do so because of its brand appeal. I use Windows because it's much more customizable, and there are way more options with regards to third-party software.

Skyspirit

I have used both during my lifetime. As a contract and temporary employee for years, I worked on primarily Window's applications and processes. However, some agencies automatically sent me on Mac assignments. While this is the case, I arrived at the first assignments and easily picked up on how to use the Apple programming and devices. Still, I have to say that due to the past proprietary-Apple brand only philosophy, one that still exist today in many areas, I much prefer the flexibility of the Windows Applications and operating systems. I also find using Apple technology to be quite a slower processing time as well.

When it comes to Smart Phones, I had an Apple phone for a while, I hated it - For, while I could use my Android Tablet to access a number of different apps and products, Apple failed on occasion as being incompatible. In addition, I'm a freelance writer and find that Adobe, Word and other editing programs are often superior when supported by the Windows operating system over others. One thing I especially dislike about Apple iPhones are the constant upgrades and the belief that one has to replace a phone every few years. For, there was one telephone design created in 1876 which still exist in a number of homes today. And, that would be of the rotary dialing model. And, if any of you have never seen or used this type phone, doing so will make you appreciate your smart phones even more. Though, I have to admit at times, I even wish for the more simple telephone experience of ring, ring, "hello," chat - "have a nice day, goodbye." lol

Cheers!!!

I used Mac only for short periods of time on my friend's MacBook Air or something and it was of course very good. However, from these two options I would always choose Linux. I am not very needy so if there are some programs Linux doesn't have I am quite okay with it. I do not have a very strong lap top and Windows 7 was terrible on it. It was just getting slower each day and I installed Ubuntu three years ago and it is working as good as on the first day. I love it.

Windows is way better for almost everything. Of course Mac users will say Mac is better but if you see both systems you will notice Windows being more versatile than Mac that is because of course is the most widely used OS out there, the most popular and the most supported across the board, basically any computer now comes with Windows. Windows is also cheaper and you can have it on any computer, thing that you can't do with a Mac.

Casiox

AntonioCalcano said:
Windows is way better for almost everything. Of course Mac users will say Mac is better but if you see both systems you will notice Windows being more versatile than Mac that is because of course is the most widely used OS out there, the most popular and the most supported across the board, basically any computer now comes with Windows. Windows is also cheaper and you can have it on any computer, thing that you can't do with a Mac.
That's right, but we're talking about Apple, all they sell is exclusive stuff for people who really want to feel exclusive, which is something really understandable, but come on, you wouldn't say the same if you owned a Mac, I'm pretty sure about that.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements