• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita I need help..

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1
I will get myself a WiFi only PSVita on Feb. 22.
I am going to share it with my brother, We decided to buy Uncharted and one game that I want.

I am not into RPG games. I don't know what to choose.
I like sports games.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

ceramicsaturn

If you like sports games, then look no further than Virtua Tennis 4. Also, I've heard other members say Fifa was a great game as well. But Virtua Tennis 4 seems to be a much better pick than Hot Shots Golf, at least in terms of polish and quality, judging from the demo. So if you had to choose between the three, I'd recommend leaving Hot Shots off your list for now.

If you like racing games, I'd recommend WipEout. Stay clear of Mod Nation Racers.. it looks half baked. Also, Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate if you like fighters. Uncharted, while a very good game, might be hard to play with both of you sharing the system. I'd pick something like the games above that would encourage shorter play times, so neither of you feel left out while one plays the system for several hours straight.

Fortunately for you, most of the Vita's launch title games are not giant, sprawling adventures. So you should be safe with nearly every game you can choose from.

Thread starter #3
If you like sports games, then look no further than Virtua Tennis 4. Also, I've heard other members say Fifa was a great game. But Virtua Tennis 4 seems to be a much better pick than Hot Shots Golf, at least in terms of polish and quality, judging from the demo. So if you had to choose between the three, I'd recommend leaving Hot Shots off your list for now.

If you like racing games, I'd recommend WipEout. Also, Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate if you like fighters. Uncharted, while a very good game, might be hard to play with both of you sharing the system. I'd pick something like the games above that would encourage shorter play times, so neither of you feel left one while one plays the system for several hours straight.
Thanks! Maybe I'll try Fifa and Virtua Tennis.
How about games like, Fight Night and UFC? No news about that?

xile6

Yea dont share it lol :p . no really its a portable system they are harder to share and then you can only have one user on the system.

i would strongly suggest fifa its bassicly the same game it is on ps3 and its gameplay and graphics look amazing. plus its got online head to head matches! Im getting this game as a physical copy in GAME as part of a bundle £270. bundle includes: wi-fi vita, 8gb memory card and fifa football (for some reason it isnt being called fifa 12) :oops:

Karoa

You could wait and get LBP as a second game, since its not a launch title. But it has multiplayer and lbp and lbp2 featutes from ps3. Its probably the best choice but if you like sport games, fifa or vt4

ALUCARD

I will be getting virtua tennis 4. after reading reviews of this game everyone has said the graphics on this game is amazing not only that it's a fun game plus it has those fun mini games as well

Thread starter #14
Yea dont share it lol :p . no really its a portable system they are harder to share and then you can only have one user on the system.
Here's the thing, my brother's 22 years old. He can only play around 8pm because that's the only time he gets out of work. Get my point?:)

Thread starter #15
i would strongly suggest fifa its bassicly the same game it is on ps3 and its gameplay and graphics look amazing. plus its got online head to head matches! Im getting this game as a physical copy in GAME as part of a bundle £270. bundle includes: wi-fi vita, 8gb memory card and fifa football (for some reason it isnt being called fifa 12) :oops:
Thanks!

Personally, I think FIFA is the most interesting. It utilizes the unique features of the PS Vita in a way that you wouldn't be able to do with a regular console. The whole concept around taking a shot at the goal with the rear touchpad is a first.

ceramicsaturn

Personally, I think FIFA is the most interesting. It utilizes the unique features of the PS Vita in a way that you wouldn't be able to do with a regular console. The whole concept around taking a shot at the goal with the rear touchpad is a first.
To be fair, Virtua Tennis 4 also uses the Vita's functions, including the gyro controls for the 1st person view, and touch panel controls for using the racket.

Not trying to belittle FIFA's efforts or anything, they did a great job with their game as well, I just want to make sure the OP knows that FIFA isn't the only sports game that uses the Vita to it's full potential.

My advice is go to a Gamestop that has a Vita demo, and see what you like.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements