• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Greetings! Here is my introduction

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1
Greetings. My name is SWVIII, and I have been playing Minecraft for over four years now.
I have owned a couple of servers and also been staff on a few. Most of the servers became
inactive and a few of the owners had financial problems. My building skills are not as good
as most people. Building enormous structures is one of my goals in playing Minecraft. I'm
glad to be joining the community and can't wait to meet you all.

Hello SWVIII, February 2018 is going to be 2 years for me. I am still learning although my Minecraft skills have vastly improved over the last almost 2 years. And your 100% right, I have seen that happen to a lot of people in all aspects of the internet including Minecraft. They get too big too fast and they can't afford the server and they don't get enough donations. So they end up shutting the server down and then community is screwed.

P.S. please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thread starter #3
Thank you for the warm welcome! Really appreciate it. :)
To be honest with you, it's getting more difficult every day to host a Minecraft server.
The most difficult part for me being an owner of a Minecraft server is to promote the server.
I never have enough patience to keep promoting the server and I always give up on those servers.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Really appreciate it. :)
To be honest with you, it's getting more difficult every day to host a Minecraft server.
The most difficult part for me being an owner of a Minecraft server is to promote the server.
I never have enough patience to keep promoting the server and I always give up on those servers.
I agree with you I had a Minecraft server for this website for over 3 months and no one played on it. And I even promoted it and still, not a single person joined. And even those Minecraft communities that have been around for 5+ years are struggling to find players. Because these days it all about Minecraft Realms and playing with your friends on a small Minecraft server. And avoid all the drama and trolls on regular servers.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements