• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Further PSVita Confirmation

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Chris

A quick search for "sony computer entertainment" on the european trademark database, yields registration for both PSVita and Playstation Vita. There's even a logo! Well, whaddya know? PSVita it is!!! E3 will be glorious!

Source:
http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_Result_NoReg#
I was unable to find it using "sony computer entertainment" and instead searched "PSVita" under trademark name and found it easily. Here's the image Sony uploaded. View attachment 30

Attachments

thehunter01

If Europe gets the PSVita first, I will make a high res movie of me unboxing and showing it. :)
and then the party pooper inside me starts to show up and says to you.

Europe release march 31 2012 haha :D

oh and to add another pooper fibe around it, rayman 2 ios version remake for 60 bucks only available for NGP for the first 2 months :p

Chris

if the Vita has NVG, wouldn't that mean that we'll have to download the games from PSN?
I'm a little confused what you meant but of course Sony hasn't been exactly clear. The NVG is the storage device for games that you could purchase at a store for example. That may also be the same format used to store data downloaded from the PSN such as games, movies, music, etc. If the Vita has the NVG that would mean we could purchase the NVG hard copy or download it to the Vita using the storage medium Sony chooses. I should be able to clarify it once Sony makes it clear hopefully at the E3 press conference.

Mendax

I'm a little confused what you meant but of course Sony hasn't been exactly clear. The NVG is the storage device for games that you could purchase at a store for example. That may also be the same format used to store data downloaded from the PSN such as games, movies, music, etc. If the Vita has the NVG that would mean we could purchase the NVG hard copy or download it to the Vita using the storage medium Sony chooses. I should be able to clarify it once Sony makes it clear hopefully at the E3 press conference.
Yeah, Sony had better reveal what type of memory this thing takes. It's been bugging me; but they have implied it would be a new proprietary format [to try and prevent the kind of rampant piracy from the PSP]. It seems they made the battery a pain to get at like the iPhone to prevent a pandora battery situation [thanks a lot hackers :mad: ].

Anyway, I just hope Sony puts out a 64GB stick at launch and it's reasonably priced! I want to get all my games on it and have a bunch of videos and stuff.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements