• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Error C4-10278-8, can't format.

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

Hero

So for some reason one day my Vita stopped letting me load my games off my memory card. So I decided to format it. After formatting, which worked fine, I tried to download something onto the memory card. I got an error. So I read to try and format the memory card again, so I did. This time, however, I got an error while formating, error C4-10278-8. Then the Vita says I need to format the memory card to use it, but again, I get an error when formating. I've searched for hours for a solution, and none seem to have worked. I really don't want to have to buy a new memory card, because I can't spare the money to do so.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
When you google "PSVita Error C4-10278-8" there should be some results. Contact Sony via Live Chat as suggested in this thread.

Did you try Safe Mode as suggested in this thread?

Other ideas:
- Rebuild Database.
- Unlock the card.
- Reinserting the card.

Thread starter #3

Hero

When you google "PSVita Error C4-10278-8" there should be some results. Contact Sony via Live Chat as suggested in this thread.

Did you try Safe Mode as suggested in this thread?

Other ideas:
- Rebuild Database.
- Unlock the card.
- Reinserting the card.
I rebuilt the database, and obviously tried reinserting the card. I'm not quite sure what you mean by unlock the card, though.
I've tried everything in Safe Mode I possibly can, and I've also spent hours on Google and other forums looking for a solution.
And I have contacted Sony through Live Chat, they were no help at all.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I rebuilt the database, and obviously tried reinserting the card. I'm not quite sure what you mean by unlock the card, though.
I have no idea, either. I just read it on GameForAllQueens. :rolleyes:
I've tried everything in Safe Mode I possibly can, and I've also spent hours on Google and other forums looking for a solution.
And I have contacted Sony through Live Chat, they were no help at all.
Yikes on all fronts!

I am sorry, but I guess I have no answers for you. :( However, you could try a new memory card.

Thread starter #5

Hero

I have no idea, either. I just read it on GameForAllQueens. :rolleyes:

Yikes on all fronts!

I am sorry, but I guess I have no answers for you. :( However, you could try a new memory card.
Gah, I was dreading this... See where I am, it takes around 20 hours to get to a store where they sell memory cards... I mean, I love my Vita, I use it all the time, but it's stupid this happened and Sony won't help me. Oh well, maybe in a few months I can afford a new memory card.
Thanks for helping out anyways, @Carlos.

Thread starter #7

Hero

I'm having exactly the same issues..how did you end up..I don't mind buying a new card if that's the problem
It seems like buying a new one is sadly the only solution. I even tried running the memory card through some programs I have and rebuilding it manually, no luck.

It seems like buying a new one is sadly the only solution. I even tried running the memory card through some programs I have and rebuilding it manually, no luck.
I tried the card in my nephews vita today and same problem,error message..tried his card in mine and it brought me to the screen saying this card is linked to ......... so I presume it's reading it..to be fair I have it a year and a new 8gb is 20 euro so I'll take the chance and hopefully it's the card and not the system..I'll report back when I purchase a new one which will be in the next day or two

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements