• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention | 1 Million Hours Dood!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
OFFICIAL THREAD

Developer: Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Publisher: NIS America, Inc.
Players: 1
Release Dates: JP 17th December, 2011 | EU 20th April, 2012 | NA 17th April, 2012
Disgaea 3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based strategy RPG. The game follows the exploits of Mao, the most honored student at Evil Academy, a school where the tardiest, laziest, and rudest demons receive the highest marks. The son of the school chairman, Mao has never once attended class nor opened a textbook. He longs to overthrow his father and assume the title of Overlord, which he decides he must become a hero to achieve.
Features:
- DLC included! - Almost every item of DLC offered for the PlayStation3 version is packed into this game, which means you have extra story chapters, characters, and features from the start!​
- All new characters! - Two all new characters have been added, with their own original story chapters. Witness for yourself what this crazy, new adventure is all about!​
- Custom Item Graphics! - Customize your favorite weapon’s visuals by swapping it with another. If you power up your weapon, its stats can be carried over to another!​
- All New Skills! - Special character class specific skills has been added! Every customizable character now features their own unique skills!​
- New Magic Levels! - A new level of magic called “Tera” has been added! All of the Tera-level magic spells feature custom artwork from famous artists in Japan!​
- Location Service - Depending on how far you travel in real life, you may be able to gain extra bonuses in the game!​
- Online Record Shop! - You can now share your game play stats online through PSN! See who the best Disgaea player is and try to beat their scores!​
- Touch Controls! - You can now control the menu screens and operate some of the game features through the touchscreen and rear touch pad for more convenience.​
- Time Travel! - Fuka and Desco from Disgaea 4 are also playable!​
Media
Purchase
NISA Store (w/ Bonus Cleaning Cloth)​
Reviews
JustPushStart 9.5/10​
Useful Sites
All discussion of Disgaea 3: Adsence of Detentionshould be posted in this thread only. This is an effort by the mods to keep the forum cohesive and clean. Also, through this, everyone will know where to go to talk about the game and be posted up to date with the latest information without worrying whether or not someone will notice their separate new thread. So again, keep all discussion relating to Disgaea 3: AoD in this thread. Happy posting!​

Aero

Anyone have info if the voice dialogue are changeable (Japanese Voice instead of the English ones) ?

Grover

I'm definitely interested in this game, but I have enough to play right now, and I'm kinda tight on money.

Graveflower

I'm definitely interested in this game, but I have enough to play right now, and I'm kinda tight on money.
definitely get it when you can. You ever play war of the lions ff tactics? Well this is way better. The cut scenes are awesome.

Grover

definitely get it when you can. You ever play war of the lions ff tactics? Well this is way better. The cut scenes are awesome.
Haven't played many games, and most of them only on Nintendo platforms. Only SRPG I've ever played is Fire Emblem.

Graveflower

Haven't played many games, and most of them only on Nintendo platforms. Only SRPG I've ever played is Fire Emblem.
Thats funny that's what game got me into srpgs. Ff tactics was a game that gave you about 100 hours of gameplay. I remember when I got stuck I just leveled all My characters up to 99 and the rest of the game was a breeze. Disgaea gives you about 500 hours of gaming. If you liked fire emblem then this game should be a real treat. Ill check and see if ff tactics us on the SEN (was a psp remake) shouldn't be more than 15 usd. That's a great game to get until this one price drops.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
Anyone have info if the voice dialogue are changeable (Japanese Voice instead of the English ones) ?
Yeah somehow when games are translated from Japanese to English it seems they still want to keep that anoyying emo style in it. Look at FF where every character mourns and cry's while something happens. Thats why I like western rpg's. Just bad ass voices.

ChokolateDeviiL

i always wanted to play this series.. but iam god awful at S-RPG..
Hahahahaha, give it a try, Disgaea it's a little bit difficult to understand it, but only a few battles and you're on :3 it is also funny...

For RPGs I recommend you: Persona, Final Fantasy I, II or III :3 and if you like it, give a try to VII to XIII-2

bakagami

OFFICIAL THREAD

Developer: Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Publisher: NIS America, Inc.
Players: 1
Release Dates: JP 17th December, 2011 | EU 20th April, 2012 | NA 17th April, 2012
Disgaea 3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based strategy RPG. The game follows the exploits of Mao, the most honored student at Evil Academy, a school where the tardiest, laziest, and rudest demons receive the highest marks. The son of the school chairman, Mao has never once attended class nor opened a textbook. He longs to overthrow his father and assume the title of Overlord, which he decides he must become a hero to achieve.
Features:
- DLC included! - Almost every item of DLC offered for the PlayStation3 version is packed into this game, which means you have extra story chapters, characters, and features from the start!​
- All new characters! - Two all new characters have been added, with their own original story chapters. Witness for yourself what this crazy, new adventure is all about!​
- Custom Item Graphics! - Customize your favorite weapon’s visuals by swapping it with another. If you power up your weapon, its stats can be carried over to another!​
- All New Skills! - Special character class specific skills has been added! Every customizable character now features their own unique skills!​
- New Magic Levels! - A new level of magic called “Tera” has been added! All of the Tera-level magic spells feature custom artwork from famous artists in Japan!​
- Location Service - Depending on how far you travel in real life, you may be able to gain extra bonuses in the game!​
- Online Record Shop! - You can now share your game play stats online through PSN! See who the best Disgaea player is and try to beat their scores!​
- Touch Controls! - You can now control the menu screens and operate some of the game features through the touchscreen and rear touch pad for more convenience.​
- Time Travel! - Fuka and Desco from Disgaea 4 are also playable!​
Media
Purchase
NISA Store (w/ Bonus Cleaning Cloth)​
Reviews
JustPushStart 9.5/10​
Useful Sites
All discussion of Disgaea 3: Adsence of Detentionshould be posted in this thread only. This is an effort by the mods to keep the forum cohesive and clean. Also, through this, everyone will know where to go to talk about the game and be posted up to date with the latest information without worrying whether or not someone will notice their separate new thread. So again, keep all discussion relating to Disgaea 3: AoD in this thread. Happy posting!​
I was thinking of skipping this since I have Disgaea 2 and 4. But with all the extras I'll have to get it.
Tera magic, eh? Must be earth magic. nice

Graveflower

Hahahahaha, give it a try, Disgaea it's a little bit difficult to understand it, but only a few battles and you're on :3 it is also funny...

For RPGs I recommend you: Persona, Final Fantasy I, II or III :3 and if you like it, give a try to VII to XIII-2
I know right? This game owns. I think its way better than fire emblem and ff tactics. such an engrossing game. I remember when I got afternoon of darkness for the psp. I didnt know anything about it. The cutscenes are really funny. Im waiting on getting a 16 GB so I can get all the persona games and all the disgaea games for my Vita. Nis is a great studio.

LiKuidd

iam patiently waiting for FFX ... and i played ff 13..... not again ._. ..

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements