• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement DestroyRepeat in 2018

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Hello, I hope everyone had happy holidays. Happy New Year to everyone!

I wish I had good news to deliver, but I honestly don't. I upgraded the site to xenForo's new 2.0 line, and then a small upgrade after that. I installed chat and tapatalk to enhance your browsing experience. Right now, I'm waiting for a redesign to arrive. Here's a preview of what's to come...

DestroyRepeat5.png

The designer has assured me that this is an early preview, and he's just really trying to get the colors in first before getting into the nitty gritty final groundwork for the design. This will be the 5th iteration of DestroyRepeat. I also asked for a second design for PSVitaForum users.

So, what are my goals for the year? More growth. I've been advertising on Twitter since Twitter launched the Promote Mode beta globally in November. Just this month, I've paid for sponsorship on a podcast by Easy Allies. Is this the end of my plight for visibility? No. It's just the beginning. Last October, I witnessed a change in the place that I currently work at - I ended up getting $600 to close to $1,000 in some paychecks. That's due to two things: Economy is improving, and Tax Cuts are here. I even got bonuses. So, what did I do? I paid off the designer enough that I don't have to worry about coming up with another $500 like in the past, where when I acquired websites, I had to pay in increments. Not sure how long this will last, but I'm happy with the results so far.

I am going to see how things pan out, and iterate my plans. Everything is in the air. Right now, I am taking a wait-and-see approach. Going forward, I will buy plugins, and anything else I need for the network. I'm actually in a good place right now, that the next two years is going to be very interesting. ;)

There are rumblings about a new generation of consoles, so what I did is - I went domain shopping. I'm ready for PS5. Oh yeah. That part, I got it locked down. It won't be like PSVitaForum where I had to wait many years to swoop in and acquire a large site. Oh no. I have it with me. All I have to do is launch it. Bright and early. And the last time I did that, it was favorable - Black Ops 3 Forums was launched a whole year before the reveal, and became the #1 Black Ops 3 community in the world. I will do the same with PS5Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements