• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita BioShock title = a new IP

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #1

thehunter01

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2011/06/07/e3-2011-bioshock-vita-is-an-original-title/

Kevin Levine announced a BioShock related project for the PlayStation Vita, the newly announced handheld platform. But, he didn’t divulge into much information. However, Levine did confirm – at an isolated time – to IGN that the title is an original project.
“It’s a different project. It’s its own thing being built from the ground up,” said Levine. “That is going to be strange and surprising to people. I think we always want to surprise people. If I’m just saying ‘here’s BioShock 1 on Vita’, that’s something we could potentially do, but you don’t need us to do that. Somebody can make that happen.”
[/quote

Bioshock is going to make a complete new title for the Vita. this sounds promising :D

Mikaru

I like the fact that he's slightly hinting at another company willing to port the first Bioshock to the Vita aswell. That would be so awesome. I never managed to complete that game before.. I would so finish it on my Vita. :D

Thread starter #3

thehunter01

I like the fact that he's slightly hinting at another company willing to port the first Bioshock to the Vita aswell. That would be so awesome. I never managed to complete that game before.. I would so finish it on my Vita. :D
I believe they specifically stated that they could port it easily towards the vita, but rather did a complete new project. so we will see tho :p

Buckybuckster

Sounds like a excellent idea to me! God my wallet will be hurting this winter!!

AKool28

IVIaster IVIod
I dont think they could go wrong here. Everyone loves Bioshock and a new title would be Great. But if they did port over the older games, im sure they would have massive sales. Bioshock on the go! Killin big daddys on a plane ride...that would be sweet! I would be extremely happy either way as i have never played bioshock (no xbox or ps3) but i have seen it in action and it looks great!!!!

Kemo

they should do a vats system like in fallout 3, where you can select the body part you wish to shoot at, but instead you just tap it exercising the touch screen.

Hm... I hope it's not like bioshock 3 - all in the sky. I think Rapture is the best setting ever in any video game. Bioshock without rapture, is like littlebigplanet without sack boy.

This is amazing news. Biosock, if you haven't played it, is simply put a masterpiece. The first one is excellent so a port would be fantastic but to have a whole new addition to he series is awesome. Looking forward to this bad boy.

Hm... I hope it's not like bioshock 3 - all in the sky. I think Rapture is the best setting ever in any video game. Bioshock without rapture, is like littlebigplanet without sack boy.
I agree on you woth that one.. although bioshock 2 was a little dissapointing...

I agree. Rapture's feel can't be beaten, just created a whole new world which has such a unique feel it is amazing. I didn't play Bioshock 2 but I'll play through it one day. Problem is I'm not buying any games for my console anymore because I'm focusing on the Vita...

oldgreg07

Bioshock is awesome Can't wait.
What he said. One of the few non-Vita games I'm looking forward to this year is Bioshock Infinite and part of my excitement over the PSV initially was when Levine announced a Bioshock game on the system. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Bioshock is my favorite Series and would totally buy them again on the Vita, part of deciding factor for me to get a Vita is hen they announced a new Bioshock game or the Vita. I hope we hear more about it soon.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements