• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Based on what we've seen so far, do you think Titanfall will have a "pro scene" and tournaments?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Rocketman

Do you see Titanfall following in shooters like Call of Duty of Counter Strike's footsteps and developing a strong pro scene? I'm talking tournaments and stuff like MLG. I think that Why or why not?

I personally don't think it will, at least not anytime near launch. It has potential but I think it will need sequels to establish as a long term series before it can really have the fan base to support that level of competitive play.

Kingkat54

Premium User
Might be a little early for that...................but................if this game catches on................:D

Rocketman

Based on the footage I've seen so far, it definitely looks like a game that looks like a lot of fun to watch. I guess it will depend on the balance and how high the developers have put the skill ceiling.

aNi

Based on the footage I've seen so far, it definitely looks like a game that looks like a lot of fun to watch. I guess it will depend on the balance and how high the developers have put the skill ceiling.
We're hoping Titanfall will be competitive, as we're looking at running events. Having mentioned it to Vince Zampella, Titanfall will not have any "Competitive" options out of the box, but they will add them if requested by the players.

Rocketman

That's good to hear. The devs of this game sound like they're willing to listen to the players and make necessary changes. Makes me curious though, if the PC competitive scene takes off and the players request things like Twitch integration, I wonder if they'll add similar features for the console versions as well.

sidd230

Call of Duty does not have a pro scene. The only competitive E Sport right now in the FPS world is Counter Strike.

aNi

Call of Duty does not have a pro scene. The only competitive E Sport right now in the FPS world is Counter Strike.
Call of Duty does have a pro scene on Console - it's actually quite big. Lot's of big money tournaments.

Ik0n88x

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious about this as well. I'm going to be mad if they have a pro scene and remove Titans from the competitive scene because I can completely see that happening.

Mr McBongerton

I couldn't imagine Titanfall not having a competitive seen. Even if competition organizers have to adapt to accommodate the format of the game, and not the other way around, if there are millions of people playing Titanfall, it's bound to happen.

TracyJackson

Seriously hope so. My clan and I will be mainly just doing clan wars and casuals stuffs, but we seriously hope to get a good squad from the bunch and start doing comp stuff. I've heard that MLG and ESL is looking into making a splash in TF.

epiK3D

Yes im pumped for some titanfall esports well if you are agood player on the pc side and can hang with the top players hit me up on steam its pure107. We are team vivacity and will be picking up for comp play! for this game let me know if your interested in the NA scene

SeanM

I think it will, the game hasn't even been released yet and we're seeing buzz reminiscent of Gears of War, Titan Fall Is going to be huge, I can just feel it...

J04DAN

The ESports circuit will only pick this up if the demand is high and more importantly if there is a nice balance throughout the game.

Naterek

I think it will. People are going to be crazy over this game a month after release, guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ik0n88x

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The ESports circuit will only pick this up if the demand is high and more importantly if there is a nice balance throughout the game.
I agree here. Although what I don't want them doing is removing EVERYTHING that makes the game what it is.

Rocketman

I hope that if it does, the players will be more mature than what we've seen with Call of Duty tournaments. I watched a clip of some Black Ops tournament, and it was cringeworthy. The kids were all yelling at each other calling each other names and it was not professional at all compared to when you watch tournaments for other games like Starcraft II or Dota2. I hope Titanfall will have a more mature and professional group of players.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements