• Destroy Repeat is the #1 place to talk about Video Games!
  1. Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Announced Hardware

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chris, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Sam

Sam Retired Moderator

Awesome pictures, I love the way the buttons act to make the symbols look bigger, it looks so great!

2. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

It makes me wonder, people say they will wait for a "slim" version but it is a 5" screen with dual sticks. The only thing i can think is it gets a little thinner but will be just as wide and tall. Meh, i am getting one anyway.

Also, anyone heard or read anything on accessories yet?

3. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  4. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Thanks for that, i wonder though, looks like a new format of memory card... i wish Sony would just just stick to one format.

5. Lenny Lautengco

Lenny Lautengco Well-Known Member

Actually, the one thing I like about my 3ds is it's dock charger. I wish Vita will use the same kind of charger as well but is that cradle only?

2 people like this.
  6. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

I bet it will be like the PSP Go cradle which was also acts as a charger.

2 people like this.
  7. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

It's because of all the piracy rampant on the PSP. They started using magicgate protection
    [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_gate ]on memory stick pro duos; but most third party cards didn't have it and Sony didn't want to inconvenience [or confuse] customers by forcing them to buy magicgate. Hackers and pirates abused that decision and now the result is that Sony has created a new proprietary format that can only be read by the Vita and Vita's firmware watches what you copy over when connected to a PC to prevent any kind of piracy.

2 people like this.
  8. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

That makes a lot of sense but i am sure programmers/hackers/etc. will find a way to hack the Vita just like the PSP.

9. MadYakker

MadYakker Active Member

It will probably only be a matter of time before they do. I ran quite a bit of homebrew software on my original PSP-1000. I just don't see myself wanting to do that with the Vita though.

10. awesomeness

awesomeness Well-Known Member

im fucking sure they are gonna have a much harder time to hack this one...... for god's sake 1 full core has been dedicated for security!! although i dont want the vita to be hacked by any means in the starting years cos we need all the 3rd parties to make games for the vita , i want the vita to be hacked eventually when the end comes near cos by that stage it wouldnt matter whether its hacked or not..... there would be a lot of people who'll only buy original stuff and so the 3rd parties will surely keep making awesome games!!!

ah just imagine the quality of games during the end of its life!!!!!

2 people like this.
  11. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

I do hope that the 3rd party support takes off and stays. The PSP had some great games, but i felt like their could have been so much more. I feel the Vita has so much potential to be more than just a handheld console and one that people use as much as a PS3 or Xbox 360.

2 people like this.
  12. awesomeness

ya THATS THE DREAM!!

13. MadYakker

MadYakker Active Member

I had no idea that they devoted an entire core of the processor to security. Guess the hacking community have their work cut out for them. And you make a very good point about third-party support. The success of any console is greatly affected by how much third-party support it gets and we all want to see the Vita thrive in a very competitive market.

2 people like this.
  14. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Well-Known Member

Unless it's changed, the core is dedicated to the Operating System, part of that is security.

15. awesomeness

ya aeroflux is rite..... the core is set for op in which security comes....... i just wanted to sound dramatic!! :D

2 people like this.
  16. ZNARF<3VITA

ZNARF<3VITA Active Member

This is why I love the vita is because of it's security because better security means less possibilities of it being exposed to viruses...

17. ZNARF<3VITA

ZNARF<3VITA Active Member

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  18. Antoine

Antoine Active Member

19. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

Yeah I need that leather case for sure:p

20. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

Attached Files: