• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 All About the PlayStation 4

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

teflontactics

Yeah, but still, this won't outperform high end PCs because it needs to be priced <$450 to appeal to the consumer market and at that price you aren't able to make a device capable of running games better than $1200 PCs without taking a loss of at least a $100 on each console, which is not what you want.

The console looks okay. Not really interesting exclusives, seems a bit of the same deal as last generation, but not bad, not bad at all.
Actually, it will outperform high end PCs.
It might not outperform the next processor revision and GPU upgrade, but it'll certainly trump a top of the line system now.

It's all in the coding.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
this is my point exactly, why did they choose to showcase something so simple like this when the driving point of their whole event was to showcase the extremely good specs of their new machine? personally, i would have preferred seeing something from Atlus or maybe EA
They where trying to appeal to pc gamers and indies are a big part of pc gaming.

Actually, it will outperform high end PCs.
It might not outperform the next processor revision and GPU upgrade, but it'll certainly trump a top of the line system now.

It's all in the coding.
It powns my 1000€ pc right now in specs and just look how close ps3 allready came to pc graphics at times.

Batman

I'm still buzzing from the announcement, the hardware, the controller, the connection capabilities, the games... Everything looks awesome, only slight downer was not seeing the actual console, but like others have rightly pointed out, you don't spend the majority of your time staring at the console when your playing, nor does anybody with half a brain base their purchase on the way it looks.

Day 1 for me easily, will definitely pick up Killzone SF and Infamous 2nd Son if they are launch titles.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
except they probably will never beat Steam in that regard
I agree but for pc gamers that where on the fence since seeing killzone and uncharted last gen but didnt want to sacrifice on indie support they might be convinced now. It prpbanly didnt cost them much to show it and might raise a lot of extra interest. Dont forget the ps event was for devs as well so now developers of indie games might also get interested

ProfessorGerbik

I think I am going to focus on getting Killzone, Knack and Drive Club. Normally I am not into puzzle games like that too much but I thought the environments and stuff seemed charming enough to give it a try.

Going to be broke this year.. Gotta buy the new Korg MS-20 mini for $600 then the damn PS4 will be coming out shortly after.. which who knows could also be another $600 bucks.. really hoping it isn't..

Chamoo81

It is using AMD who are known for cutting corners to keep costs down. I expect it to not exceed $500USD. If you think about it its pretty cheap for a supercharged PC in effect.

Thread starter #51

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
I think I am going to focus on getting Killzone, Knack and Drive Club. Normally I am not into puzzle games like that too much but I thought the environments and stuff seemed charming enough to give it a try.

Going to be broke this year.. Gotta buy the new Korg MS-20 mini for $600 then the damn PS4 will be coming out shortly after.. which who knows could also be another $600 bucks.. really hoping it isn't..
Nice, God you guys don't understand I plan to spend 6000+ on PS4 at launch....>_>

Even so I'm excited as hell.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
Them not showing the console was to keep some cards in hand . That way when microsoft shows their xbox they can use the actual console and a lot of other info to pull the attention back to sony.

Naota

This may sound stupid but one of the main reasons i wanna get this game is because of Watch Dogs...
Doesn't sound stupid at all. Although I'll be buying the PC version, the PS4 version looks amazing as well, and hell if the price drops eventually maybe I'll buy it for PS4 too if I can stream it to my Vita :eek:

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements