• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 All About the PlayStation 4

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Thread starter #21

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
No console. I'm pleased for a few reason. 1. Rivals might get ideas if its revealed too early. And 2. Its not ready or is nearly ready but not quite. I am hoping that its worth the wait. I was disappointed with the ps3 design when it was unvailed. People want something that will appeal, and the Xbox 360 had a far more appealing look. Sony needs to trump it or fall once again to the heels of Microsoft and Nintendo.
Sony did a great job! I loved their conference, and overall I think they could have had more titles but it was quite long for me and I enjoyed it.

Now about the system design, I knew they weren't going to announce it yet but it would have been nice. Even so I want the to hold off until revealing the system its not like the Wii U where the controller attracts more attention than the console.

Can you back up why this is better than a gaming pc, I'm 100% positive that an i7 + gtx 680 can out perform this. But still pretty cool hardware, may get a ps4 soon.

teflontactics

Can you back up why this is better than a gaming pc, I'm 100% positive that an i7 + gtx 680 can out perform this. But still pretty cool hardware, may get a ps4 soon.
Dedicated hardware = better coding = better visuals.
A console with the same specs will outperform a PC because the PC knows only how to run wide parameters (for compatibility) and the console's games are directly tailored to its hardware.

It's like software decoding VS hardware, almost.

Grover

Dedicated hardware = better coding = better visuals.
A console with the same specs will outperform a PC because the PC knows only how to run wide parameters (for compatibility) and the console's games are directly tailored to its hardware.

It's like software decoding VS hardware, almost.
Yeah, but still, this won't outperform high end PCs because it needs to be priced <$450 to appeal to the consumer market and at that price you aren't able to make a device capable of running games better than $1200 PCs without taking a loss of at least a $100 on each console, which is not what you want.

The console looks okay. Not really interesting exclusives, seems a bit of the same deal as last generation, but not bad, not bad at all.

Thread starter #26

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Yeah, but still, this won't outperform high end PCs because it needs to be priced <$450 to appeal to the consumer market and at that price you aren't able to make a device capable of running games better than $1200 PCs without taking a loss of at least a $100 on each console, which is not what you want.

The console looks okay. Not really interesting exclusives, seems a bit of the same deal as last generation, but not bad, not bad at all.
I love it! I'm getting one day one and I am looking forward to Knack, Killzone, Infamous and DriveClub. I like the choices available and I plan to pre-order everything I can get my hands on this Summer. :D

Silent Angel

Well that meeting was a little too long, what was it like 2 hours, some minutes?

Everything looked good though and I'm excited for E3, Square Enix though.... I mean wtf? They just showed that old tech demo and said we'll announce a new FF game at E3... lol

Where is PAX? hahaha easier for me to go to E3 lol.
You could try going to the one they do in Seattle later in the year...

it definitely, definitely can... but barely because of the windows os and lack of optimization. i imagine when the ps3 is maxed out its games will look like 720p crysis maxed out.

Well that meeting was a little too long, what was it like 2 hours, some minutes?

Everything looked good though and I'm excited for E3, Square Enix though.... I mean wtf? They just showed that old tech demo and said we'll announce a new FF game at E3... lol

You could try going to the one they do in Seattle later in the year...
is it just me or did anyone else think that puzzle game was super lame after seeing killzone and drive club?
also, i think square enix showed off their new game engine didnt they?

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
I watched it life and hell was it epic. It send chills down my spine at times. I expect this to be sony's comeback that will save them. Its got everyhting and more than we hoped for.

i thought it looked retarded too... very very dumb
You didnt seem to get it then. Sure killzone is far bigger but thats from a AAA million franchise while the witness is an indepently developed game and was primarely shown to showcase sonys support for indie devs with ps4. If you know anything about gaming you should know that indie games usually pown AAA titles in terms of gameplay and originality.

Destiny won't be a launch title unfortunately

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/18/bungies-destiny-not-coming-in-2013
imo all of thegameplay they showed looked like very well done prerendered cinematic trailers if not photoreal. They really are nailing it powerwise if devs can come up with this kinda graphics at launch. Imagine what devs could do in two years or at the end of its lifetime. Hell naughty dog will be offering us the first photoreal game if my guesses are right. Just look at the quantic dream tech demo with the head. Every string of hair was rendered seperately and skin was built out of translucent layers that allowed light to reflect at different ways.
Hell if this is the future of consoles and will sell at around 600 dollar imagine how pc graphics will look in the coming years.

The games look awesome and there's supposed to be an attractive price fro the system at launch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/sony-flexible-on-playstation-4-cost

also, When I saw the Knack demo, I thought it was pulled straight from a Dreamworks Animation movie lol.

Thread starter #34

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Update 1:22 PM 2/21/2013 Central US

PS4 Support section added up on systems and also a (Dream) Support section also added.
In news we have confirmation that PS3 Dual Shocks will not work with PS4 but PS Move is see more in the first post. Thank You. :D

You didnt seem to get it then. Sure killzone is far bigger but thats from a AAA million franchise while the witness is an indepently developed game and was primarely shown to showcase sonys support for indie devs with ps4. If you know anything about gaming you should know that indie games usually pown AAA titles in terms of gameplay and originality.
i get the whole indie game support thing, but seriously, the gameplay that witness showed looked like a 99 cent iphone app in HD. oh and, surprise surprise, the witness was originally intended for iOS back in 2009

Thread starter #36

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
i get the whole indie game support thing, but seriously, the gameplay that witness showed looked like a 99 cent iphone app in HD. oh and, surprise surprise, the witness was originally intended for iOS back in 2009
Witness is probably a small game out of the many, just saying that it wouldn't be fair to compare that game to Killzone Shadow Fall because 1st, they are different genres, and 2nd, that game may look good but the scale and creation of that game is less work than real action titles because animations, models and precision is needed when creating both but a Top Tier Title like Killzone will steal the show.

Witness is probably a small game out of the many, just saying that it wouldn't be fair to compare that game to Killzone Shadow Fall because 1st, they are different genres, and 2nd, that game may look good but the scale and creation of that game is less work than real action titles because animations, models and precision is needed when creating both but a Top Tier Title like Killzone will steal the show.
this is my point exactly, why did they choose to showcase something so simple like this when the driving point of their whole event was to showcase the extremely good specs of their new machine? personally, i would have preferred seeing something from Atlus or maybe EA

Silent Angel

is it just me or did anyone else think that puzzle game was super lame after seeing killzone and drive club?
also, i think square enix showed off their new game engine didnt they?
That game engine demo has been out since last year though.

I thought it looked decent enough, just not my type of game, and at first I thought drive club was gonna be gran turismo :( Did they say that game was gonna be 1st person view only? If it is, I don't see myself ever getting it. Only thing I liked about it is that it was a racing game..

Thread starter #40

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
this is my point exactly, why did they choose to showcase something so simple like this when the driving point of their whole event was to showcase the extremely good specs of their new machine? personally, i would have preferred seeing something from Atlus or maybe EA
I'm saying you can't compare the two and its not for everyone but some I can guarantee some one is happy as hell for that game.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements