• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Will books ever disappear because of Tech?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Eclipse_FPSForum

Contributor
If you think about it, there are many books that are available online with an iPad, PC, Kindle, any other tablet, phone, etc. Do you think the Internet will make books disappear? Why or why not?

Honestly, I don't think books will totally disappear, but they will be used less and less as time goes on. There are many neat features to reading online, you can highlight and easily remove it, you can underline, etc.

dragonborn99

My brother and I were talking about this the other day. I think, one day -- tech will rule the world and paper books will be gone and everything will be displayed on enormous holographic, magical computers.

Dusan

Contributor
"Honestly, I don't think books will totally disappear, but they will be used less and less as time goes on."
I agree with this.

Lienx

Personally, I prefer the feel of an actual book in my hand.. and so do alot of others.. and until that changes, I don't think we will be seeing technology take over physical reading.

Ashish92

I honestly don't think books will ever disappear because you may get bored of technology if you overexpose yourself to it but you never get bored of books and the more you expose yourself to books the more you want to go on and on.

dan213

To be honest, I don't think so. The reason for that is that there are still a lot of people that read books or prefer to have a book. Most of those are probably not real keen on the idea of having a tablet or something else. Maybe eventually things will change, but for right now I fully expect books to be around for some time yet.

matrixrc

It might, but that'll take a really long time (at that time, probably everything will be digitized). There are still many old school people who prefer books and we haven't solved many of an eBook's disadvantages. Especially piracy of eBooks.

JoshSmith

No books will never disappear because of technology. Sure they will get less popular but there will always be people who will want to write down their stories.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements