• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

"Wild MRTRIPSTACK Appears!"

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

MrTripStack

Good evening, everybody! I'm new here so I thought it only made sense to introduce myself before posting anywhere else; my actual name is Kenny (if you prefer going by first-name-basis), but you could just call me either MrTripStack or MTS. You can choose whichever you like, really.

Well, let me start by saying that I don't have my own PS Vita yet but I do plan on picking one up next month (in about two weeks, to be precise); I thought I should find a good forum to join beforehand. I do have a 3DS right now and I was thinking about upgrading to an XL, until I found out about the Assassin's Creed bundle. I've wanted a PS Vita for a while but I was waiting for more games to be released and I'm glad a decent bundle is finally here. I definitely like the way the white PS Vita looks.

As I stated above, I'm thinking about picking up the "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation" bundle next month. My birthday is on October 11 so I'll be getting some birthday money and I get paid on October 10, so I'll have more than enough spare money and I finally wanna get my hands on a Vita of my own.

I do have a few questions, though, which is why I wanted to join the forums ahead of time:

1: The bundle I plan on buying includes a 4GB memory card, which should be enough for a while, but I'll definitely be upgrading that in due time. Is there an easy way to transfer all the data over to a new memory card? I know that the PS Vita uses its own memory card, so I'm not entirely sure how that'll work.

2: I have a ton of research ahead of myself if I decide to purchase a Vita, so I'd like to ask for a few game recommendations (I generally like all game genres so there's no requirements there). How about some accessories and cases?

But anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope to meet a few new friends along the way! I'm sure I'll be able to get a ton of information ready for my upcoming purchase.

Murphy

Good evening, everybody! I'm new here so I thought it only made sense to introduce myself before posting anywhere else; my actual name is Kenny (if you prefer going by first-name-basis), but you could just call me either MrTripStack or MTS. You can choose whichever you like, really.

Well, let me start by saying that I don't have my own PS Vita yet but I do plan on picking one up next month (in about two weeks, to be precise); I thought I should find a good forum to join beforehand. I do have a 3DS right now and I was thinking about upgrading to an XL, until I found out about the Assassin's Creed bundle. I've wanted a PS Vita for a while but I was waiting for more games to be released and I'm glad a decent bundle is finally here. I definitely like the way the white PS Vita looks.

As I stated above, I'm thinking about picking up the "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation" bundle next month. My birthday is on October 11 so I'll be getting some birthday money and I get paid on October 10, so I'll have more than enough spare money and I finally wanna get my hands on a Vita of my own.

I do have a few questions, though, which is why I wanted to join the forums ahead of time:

1: The bundle I plan on buying includes a 4GB memory card, which should be enough for a while, but I'll definitely be upgrading that in due time. Is there an easy way to transfer all the data over to a new memory card? I know that the PS Vita uses its own memory card, so I'm not entirely sure how that'll work.

2: I have a ton of research ahead of myself if I decide to purchase a Vita, so I'd like to ask for a few game recommendations (I generally like all game genres so there's no requirements there). How about some accessories and cases?

But anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope to meet a few new friends along the way! I'm sure I'll be able to get a ton of information ready for my upcoming purchase.

Welcome to the forum Kenny! If first names are your thing, feel free to call me Paul. ;)

I'll do my best with your questions;

1) The memory card is a little annoying, being unique and expensive, you will have to back it up to a PC/Mac via a content manager program, then back to the new card. It's straightforward enough, but time consuming. Whether 4Gb is enough is dependant on whether you plan to download many games/demos in the beginning. Actual games on the PS Store vary from 1GB to 3.4GB, but if you plab on buying just retail/not very much in the beginning then it should be ample; it was for myself and I went to 16GB after a month or two.

2) Accessories and cases are not really my area of expertise, you may want to get a screen protector, or a microfibre cloth or something like that. Gamewise, it's a bit of a myth that there are no games for the Vita, there are plenty and far to many for me to play right now, especially with more coming up...

It does depend on your preferences and styles. There are plenty of racers out, which vary from fun, arcadey, realistic and futuristic, plenty of fighters, a few puzzles and a couple of adventures, and the obligatory sports...

Uncharted and WipEout are two of the (current) stand out titles.

Sensei MC

Welcome to the forums MrTrip.
I recommend looking on Amazon to give you an idea of what case to buy as there are many varieties to choose from, it all comes down to your own personal tastes really. Also there are a couple of threads on our lovely forum that might help too.

Elli27

as far as games, the must haves are sound shapes and gravity rush since they offer a unique experience also LBP Vita too

welcome to the forums!

matrixxGT

Welcome to the forum mrtripstack.
I'm new too but I had have a 3g launch vita, it came with an 8gb card and I have almost filled it up. I want to upgrade so I can put music on my vita too. If you plan on buying retail a lot the 8gb would be OK for save games and dlc or small mini/psone/PSP games.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Welcome to the forum. Now look here...

35d3kc.jpg

DeusXiphos

hi there! welcome to psvitaforum :)
I highly recommend these games:
Fighting - Mortal Kombat
RPG - Disgaea 3
Shooter - Unit 13
Platform - LBPV, Rayman Origins
Adventure - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Sports - FIFA
..i recommend these to all those asking for game recommendations :D
if you need psn friend feel free to add me.

kidshiro

Welcome MTS. I preordered the AC bundle too, can't wait to get it soon!

1. I thought they removed the 4gb memory card a while back. http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/0...from-upcoming-assassins-creed-ps-vita-bundle/

2. There are some great games on the vita and more will come out for the holiday season. I would reccommend: Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, LittleBIGplanet, wipeout and sound shapes. You can also preorder some great rpgs like persona 4 and ragnarok too. As for accessories your best pick could be the Vita Rocketfish vault case for ultimate protection. Don't forget to add some screen protectors while you're at it :)

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/461...case-for-playstation-vita-reviews/reviews.htm

sunjay141

Welcome

#1: USB connection then install content manager onto Mac or PC. You can also use a PS3

#2: Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Little Big Planet
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (October 2nd)
Assassins Creed: Liberations (October 2nd)

Yuuki

wellcome

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

MrTripStack

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! Wow, I definitely didn't expect this many replies over night!

But anyway, yeah; Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is supposed to be released on October 30 and I'd guess that the bundle will be released on the same day, so I'll have to save the money for a few weeks (unless I try to pre-order the bundle, that is). Did the bundle really remove the memory card? That's a shame, if so, since those things can get expensive.

Anyway, I definitely plan on picking up Uncharted almost right away! The action/adventure/platformer genre is one of my favorites - including games like Prince of Persia and Assassin's creed - and it looks like an amazing game. I've only had an Xbox 360, so I missed out on the awesome Sony exclusives from this generation. I've also been looking into Little Big Planet and Need For Speed.

As for the memory card, I probably won't need a huge one, especially not right away. The only PSP game I was thinking about downloading was Crisis Core, but I heard that it wasn't available. Can Valhalla Knights be downloaded?

Hydrographer

Welcome, Great first post!
All the recomendations you have already had are top line.
If you like your games a little harder than the general handheld offerings then Sigma Plus is defo one to look for.
If you like racers then Wipeout is dirt cheap in most stores now and is a great game. Maybe the last one they do now that Sony Liverpool has shut down :/ Damn shame.

PoisonFantasy

Hey. Welcome MTS..and yes Valhalla Knights 1 and 2 can both be downloaded. I have purchased Valhalla Knights 2 and will be getting 1 in a few days! I haven't tried em out yet on my vita.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Welcome Mr. T, (see what I did there?)

Enjoy your stay and most importantly contribute to the community :D

Vardas

In response to the title:

Vardas uses Welcome to the forums. It's super effective! (y)

As for good Vita cases you've come to the right place, I'm very picky and careful with my Vita.

So, things to look for in a case:
  • It should be made of durable material, it's no good if it cracks on the first drop.
  • It should have a little extra inside like a few pockets for game cards or other stuff.
  • It shouldn't open when you drop it. No point having a case to protect your Vita if it flings open as soon as it hits the ground.
  • It should look damn good <-----That's my own vanity speaking but meh, I consider it important :D
With the above in mind I got this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1348445618&sr=1-3

It also comes in partly blue and red if I'm not mistaken. It closes with a zipper so there's no chance of the Vita coming out, it has 5 pockets for game cards and an extra pocket with room for cleaning cloths etc. and the most important thing for me was that it can be closed with headphones attached on the Vita. And it's made from soft quality material which is very shock absorbent, so even if you drop your Vita the impact shouldn't affect the device at all.

Games I don't have many yet, but if you don't have the PS3 version then Rayman Origins is pure gaming GOLD. I don't generally enjoy new gen platformers but I LOVED that game from start to finish :D

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
Hello and welcome.
I use a hori screen protector and a custom crystal case to keep my vita safe. Mine looks good as new.
For games I recommend there are Wipeout 2048 if you want a visually-stunning racer, BlazBlue if you want a great and complex 2D fighter, Disgaea for a fun strategy JRPG with a ridiculous amount of content, and Gravity Rush if you want pure awesomeness.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements