• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Went to see Source Code last night...

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

If you're a sci-fi nerd or into say, quantum mechanics you'll end up liking it. Production wise it comes off a bit like a low-budget Inception.

Good movie, but the OMG Twist Ending! and antagonist's identity are completely transparent about 15 minutes into the movie.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkTrG-gpIzE[/ame]

Folk You!

Affirmative.
It's getting rave reviews, so it must be a pretty good movie. At first I wasn't so sure about it, but once those good reviews came a rollin' in, I decided it's one of those movies I should probably see.

It's getting rave reviews, so it must be a pretty good movie. At first I wasn't so sure about it, but once those good reviews came a rollin' in, I decided it's one of those movies I should probably see.

It's definitely worth watching, although it's not necessarily a "must-see-in-the-theaters" experience.

Mostly just an interesting thought exercise.

MeanElf

Going to give this a go too - Jake proved himself to be a good action player in Prince of Persia and I liked Inception a lot. That one didn't bake my noodle as much as I thought it would ;) so this should be okay too.

As for rave reviews, they usually mean very little - it's the films/games that get ignored that tend to be the best for me; need I mention Bulletstorm as example?

Folk You!

Affirmative.
Yeah, I rarely see movies in theaters anymore unless it's something graphically crazy like Avatar. I'll rent this once it hits store shelves.

Going to give this a go too - Jake proved himself to be a good action player in Prince of Persia and I liked Inception a lot. That one didn't bake my noodle as much as I thought it would ;) so this should be okay too.

As for rave reviews, they usually mean very little - it's the films/games that get ignored that tend to be the best for me; need I mention Bulletstorm as example?

That reminded me, I still needed to put Prince of Persia on my Netflix queue. Every time I see Jake Gyllenhaal in a movie, this is the first thing that comes to mind:

donnie-darko.jpg

I didn't think Inception was that mind-bending either, until afterwards when I read the explanation that spoiler ahead...

Cobb's totem wasn't the spinning top.

Yeah, I rarely see movies in theaters anymore unless it's something graphically crazy like Avatar. I'll rent this once it hits store shelves.

Totally agree with you. The movie theaters/studios know it too, hence the push for everything to be released in 3D.

And then pretty soon everybody will have 3D at home, too...

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements