• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Treasures of Montezuma 1.8 mega patch

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Zvy-

Brief run down:

-scratch cards now yield better winnings. Unscratched squares will be revealed.

-easier levelling process with more crystals as a reward for each level.

-Time bonuses will be added instantly now.

-You can switch the "gravity" off.

-Totem power ups work faster.

-live area notifications cleaned up.

-If timer runs out in the middle of a combo, you can now continue the combo.

-stack crystals to get the multiplier even higher.

-updated text

-bonus xp bug has been corrected.

CUD

Hmm seems quite a bit easier, I just got over 10 million points without too much difficulty; I'm not so sure these changes, for the most part, were the best idea it just seems like the difficulty was reduced a bit too much.

I like that the combo continues when the timer runs out but the other changes seem a bit unnecessary.

EliteKilla29

Hmm seems quite a bit easier, I just got over 10 million points without too much difficulty; I'm not so sure these changes, for the most part, were the best idea it just seems like the difficulty was reduced a bit too much.

I like that the combo continues when the timer runs out but the other changes seem a bit unnecessary.
What was your highest score before u had 10 million?

If it's easier to score then that's good. Right now my highest score on that game is 23 million something.

Zvy-

If anything, I'd say it's how it should be now. I've always found the animation of having time bonuses float over to the clock to be needless and hindering to the game. Same with totems. Those adjustments were needed. I would say having the multiplier maxed at 20 now does make high scores even higher, but that doesn't really change the mechanics of the game itself.

It seems more fine tuned now. A lot of little changes that have combined into a noticeable difference in play.

dsigns

Just tried it out and scored 10 mil. I think my previous high was like 6 mil. Also seems like you level up much quicker.

Buckybuckster

If anything, I'd say it's how it should be now. I've always found the animation of having time bonuses float over to the clock to be needless and hindering to the game. Same with totems. Those adjustments were needed. I would say having the multiplier maxed at 20 now does make high scores even higher, but that doesn't really change the mechanics of the game itself.

It seems more fine tuned now. A lot of little changes that have combined into a noticeable difference in play.
It's a great update most likely done to appease those like myself who absolutely refuse to go the pay to win route to get posted to a leaderboard. I got the game around a week before the update. It quickly became evident the game's structure was designed to take advantage on the impatience of those who like to get rewards, trophies, and leaderboard cred as quickly as possible without having to really work at the game. There are other games that do this, but none so glaringly evident.

And hey I enjoy the game and I'm happy with the changes. Can't say the same for the Big Sky Infinity update. It made a fun game to play far less enjoyable.

Zvy-

It's a great update most likely done to appease those like myself who absolutely refuse to go the pay to win route to get posted to a leaderboard. I got the game around a week before the update. It quickly became evident the game's structure was designed to take advantage on the impatience of those who like to get rewards, trophies, and leaderboard cred as quickly as possible without having to really work at the game. There are other games that do this, but none so glaringly evident.

And hey I enjoy the game and I'm happy with the changes. Can't say the same for the Big Sky Infinity update. It made a fun game to play far less enjoyable.
I've never gone pay for this game. It's never been necessary. Between the cards and near, gems have been easy to accumulate.

As for the big sky update, I'm now number one on pacifism and boss rush. However, the update certainly "nerfed" the scoring multiplier powerup and increase, coupled with far too many black holes. I've already been in email correspondence with voofoo over this and they've been very open to suggestions, feedback, and ideas. I'm hoping for adjustments in the near future. As it stands now, certain high scores are virtually unattainable until certain things are adjusted. I'm a big fan of big sky. Have 5 days of total playtime in it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
reapersivan [PSVita] Treasures Of Montezuma: Blitz Review Game Reviews 1
Jenty PSVita Treasures of montezuma blitz PlayStation 18
R PSVita Treasures of Montezuma Blitz PlayStation 0
TheBrutux168 PSVita How Do You Get Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz In Australia? PlayStation 5
reydempto PSVita Treasures of Montezuma BLITZ: Post your highest score! PlayStation 2
PabloXPicasso PSVita Treasures of Montezuma Blitz available on US store? PlayStation 20
2die4 PSVita Treasures of Montezuma Blitz free on uk psn PlayStation 16
AKool28 PSVita Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (demo?) - Out today! PlayStation 12
RandellaUk PSVita Treasures of Montezuma Blitz will be the handheld's first free-to-play affair. PlayStation 13
Mendax PSVita Treasure of Montezuma Blitz! PlayStation 13
Carlos Official Thread Mega Man Zero and ZX Legacy Collection General Gaming 1
Carlos DMC5 has a Deluxe Edition coming and will feature Mega Man's buster General Gaming 0
Carlos Official Thread Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 General Gaming 1
S My newest Minecraft creation, "Mega Lighthouse"! Minecraft 0
Carlos Official Thread Mega Man 11 General Gaming 2
Carlos Official Thread Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 General Gaming 1
A Mega Man Nintendo 8
Carlos Official Thread Mega Man Legacy Collection General Gaming 2
Shampoo XIII Dreamcast, Saturn, and Mega Drive as high school girls? General Gaming 1
Shampoo XIII The PS Vita Adventure Mega Pack launches this Autumn Deals and Trading 0
lights PS Vita Slim + Action Mega Pack + 8GB for £134.86 Deals and Trading 0
lights PSVita New Vita 'Action' Mega Pack out this Summer PlayStation 7
Carlos Mega Man X in Dead Rising 3 General Gaming 0
lights PS Vita Wi-Fi + Mega Pack + 8GB card + FIFA Football + 30 Days PS Plus - £154.85 Deals and Trading 0
lights PSVita The next PS Vita Mega Pack - Sports and Racing PlayStation 7
SuperJoon PSVita PS Vita Mega Pack PlayStation 2
matt best xbox mega sale next week 32 titles Deals and Trading 1
lights PSVita PS Vita Mega Pack hardware bundle priced at £169.99 PlayStation 5
lights PS Vita Mega Pack (8GB + 10 Games) is £25.99 on Zavvi for pre-order Deals and Trading 5
sarlndr PSVita Vita Mega Packs in the U.K. this month.. PlayStation 13
Carlos Mega Man joins the Super Smash Bros. (U) roster General Gaming 0
A PS Vita Mega Pack $44 - AU Deals and Trading 3
RedDevilDazzy It's Begun! Sonic & Mega Man Crossover Off Topic Lounge 8
3VOLVE Funny Top 10 Mega Man Bosses PlayStation 3
Carlos Street Fighter x Mega Man Version 2 Arrives General Gaming 0
Carlos Happy 25th Anniversary, Mega Man! General Gaming 0
Carlos Street Fighter x Mega Man released General Gaming 0
Carlos Street Fighter x Mega Man announced General Gaming 0
Hydrographer Wii U game pad is mega fancy Nintendo 8
Poisoned PSVita Minecraft Vita | Mega Blocks Everywhere PlayStation 703
s1xt6en PSVita My Vita video mega thread PlayStation 1
Kellz Mega Amazing Background! Creative Corner 3
Pedo Leader MEGA THREAD OF GAME SAVES[New category for hacked gamesaves & Jailbroken Downloads PlayStation 2
C Mega Thread - Genetic Hax Off Topic Lounge 5
Carlos Mega Man 9 Remix General Gaming 0
L We are ANONYMOUS! Mega Thread Off Topic Lounge 1
Savage_Imported_7 Sav's Super Ultra Mega Paragraph Thread Off Topic Lounge 20
E Epic Internet Games *MEGA THREAD* General Gaming 4
BoBBYdaBo$$ Bobby's MEGA App Thread! COVERED IN AWESOMESAUCE! Tech Central 2
E Nazi Zombie Replica's MEGA THREAD Online Videos 7