• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The Dark Knight Rises

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
So who of you is gonna see that movie this Friday, I know I will. Allready booked tickets for me and my family (even my mum who falls asleep at almost every movie loved The Dark Knight) for the IMAX version. Got places in the excact middle of the room. Can't wait till friday. We just finished watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in 1080p in 5.1 surround sound. Really some of the best movies of the past 10 years. Christopher Nolan is really becoming A LEGEND himself :p. So what do you guys think about the subject. Also I loved Inception (at least as far as I understood what was said XD)...

Inoperable Brain Tumor

Not Friday, I dont want to see it with the theater being sold out and shyte. Ill probably wait until either Saturday morning or Sunday morning, and see the first showing w/ the wife. Tho that showing will probably be sold out as well. We shall see :)

UPDATE:
Bought my tickets already, for the first showing on Sunday. Fandangoed that shyte!

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
Not Friday, I dont want to see it with the theater being sold out and shyte. Ill probably wait until either Saturday morning or Sunday morning, and see the first showing w/ the wife. Tho that showing will probably be sold out as well. We shall see :)

UPDATE:
Bought my tickets already, for the first showing on Sunday. Fandangoed that shyte!
Well, i've got seats in the middle. With Pathé (biggest dutch cinema coöperation) you can order tickets online and choose the seats from a overview. Really nice since I allready did so last saturday everything was still empty (except a few seats) but we choose the best positions there where still available. Can't wait. It doesn't really bother me that there are people in front of me since its an IMAX cinema and the seats are pretty differentiating in height.

IcyPolarBear85

I'm all booked up to go see it on Friday, can't wait. I loved the first two and have been looking forward to this for ages. It was my most anticipated movie of 2012 after Prometheus, but since that turned out to be a major let down for me I'm hoping, nay, praying for better things from DKR.

LiKuidd

i'd go but then iam heading out ot NJ for waterfest (euro carshow) and i live in boston sooo won't be back till sun night. More then likely next weekend, when the cool late kids watch it ;)

Lethal

Retired Moderator
Holy sidewalk chalk Batman!

544536_10151932002155436_71486548_n.jpg

CoolDust

Yeah im there on Friday, disappointed that IMAX is completely sold out and by that I mean every showing for the WHOLE week!! So im going reluctantly to see it in standard digital. :( The reactions to the movie are mixed, it seems like people who enjoyed Begins more than Dark Knight are loving it and people who didn't like Begins are hating it. The movies more about Bruce than Batman which seems to be rubbing people the wrong way...

Just dont go in expecting it to top The Dark Knight, it wont.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
Yeah im there on Friday, disappointed that IMAX is completely sold out and by that I mean every showing for the WHOLE week!! So im going reluctantly to see it in standard digital. :( The reactions to the movie are mixed, it seems like people who enjoyed Begins more than Dark Knight are loving it and people who didn't like Begins are hating it. The movies more about Bruce than Batman which seems to be rubbing people the wrong way...

Just dont go in expecting it to top The Dark Knight, it wont.
Really loved Batman Begins. I really liked seeing how bruce became batman. The Dark Knight was an 10 out of 10 movie that you'll only see once every 4-5 years. Its one of these rare masterpieces like the lord of the rings and the original matrix and gladiator. Nothing will top it i think but i think the dark knight rises will come very close. I also think that the dark knight was carried to its lonely high level of perfection by the flawless acting of heath ledger. Shame he died :(

Just got back from a midnight showing. I'm a huge fan of Nolan's Batman films, Begins being my personal favorite.

I won't spoil anything, but I forsee a lot of people being disappointed. I really liked the movie, but it doesn't feel like a Batman movie. I would describe it as: "Batman is old and crochety and tries to get his groove back when old enemies come back to bite him, with varying levels of success."

If you love the characters of the films, you'll like this movie, as it wraps up the stories for these people. If you want Batman kicking ass, you'll leave hungry.

LiamIV

I came in with no idea what to expect, and left stunned and amazed at what I had just seen. It literally is up there with Lord if the rings 3 in those epic moments that make you want to jump out of your seat and just start clapping. An incredible storyline and amazing direction and action scenes. A brilliant score by the ever-infallible Hans Zimmer. Christopher Nolan is the next Ridley Scott/Peter Jackson, and I approve. Loved loved loved it.

CoolDust

I'm just back from seeing it and I'm speechless, it's a perfect blend of Begins and Dark Knight and it was simply stunning! There's not a whole lot of Batman in this movie but that's fine with me. The best ending to any movie I've seen in a long time! Think I'm going to book an IMAX ticket now!! :D

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
Agree that it wasnt too much batman kicking ass but i like the more psychological take on batman. If i want to see batman kicking ass i go watch the first batman movies or play arkham asylum or arkham city. I watch movies for epic intriging stories and tactically dosed action and well played personages. I play games for an epic story combined with great combat and action.
Really loved the dark knight rises. Apart from the dark knight i think this is one movie that will be on my best movie list just between lotr and the dark knight.

CoolDust

Don't do it till a week after the premiere. The story is really great and concludes the story while hinting to a sequel at the
We can discuss story in spoiler tags, if someone hasn't seen the movie then they just dont open it. I just have no idea how to get them on this site...

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
We can discuss story in spoiler tags, if someone hasn't seen the movie then they just dont open it. I just have no idea how to get them on this site...
Oh ithough you wanted to do it on this thread. Dunno about spoiler tags. You could just add [spoiler alert]

Karoa

you have to type in [.spoiler.] (take away dots).
You use them the same as you would use quotes. One before your selected text and one at the end. :)

like this.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements