• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Official Thread Star Wars: Battlefront

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I guess I'm one of the few that enjoyed it. Granted, I only played one mode and that was the AT-AT walker mode. The game play seemed fine and the weapons have pretty good range.
I already know that's going to be a good mode. I already know that. It's fucking Star Wars, man. So, anything with AT-AT walkers, Y-Wings, and whatnot... will be flawless. That's what makes Star Wars... Star Wars. It's the same reason why I bought Rogue Leader in the first place.

Battlefront is supposed to be designed for "all purpose," all inclusive, open-world RPG where players battle each other through different kinds of positions: Infantry warfare, and the Space warfare that we know and love in Star Wars. If you separate the two modes, you make things even worse. That's how I see it.

I played the Infantry "blasters" mode, which is basically like I said before: A watered down Call of Duty or Battlefield. More Battlefield because this game is using the Frostbite Engine. It's a beautiful engine, but make it more open world than ...closed, constrained to an arena.
As for the Empire's hardware being overpowered, well, it's the Empire, they have better and stronger gear.
Cue the Homer "D'oh!" :)
Some have complained about no story mode, which is getting old. Games such as Battlefront, Battlefield, and Titanfall are known for multiplayer, not the single story mode. So when pretty much 99% of the buyers are planning to play the multiplayer mode, what's the point on wasting resources on the story mode.
Battlefront is more story-based, than it is an RPG. At least from what I understand of the series. The whole point of Star Wars is an epic adventure, kind of like Destiny. Only nobody has done it the way that Bungie has with Destiny. I bet you my bottom 5 bucks, that there are many people who are clamoring for a true Star Wars game in the veins of "Destiny." Activision and Bungie hit it in the bullseye with Destiny.

And... No Man's Sky, too. Yep. I am bringing up No Man's Sky, even though I've never played the game, but I do know what No Man's Sky whole premise was designed for - that Star Wars, Star Trek feel. You go to Planet X, you land on Planet X, and complete a mission on foot, then you fly out of Planet X, and go into space battles, then you make your way to the next Planet.

We are in the middle of a generation of consoles where we're that close to a vision that we want. You want a true Star Wars game? You're not getting it with the new Battlefront. The next developer that takes full advantage of the Star Wars license is going to profit the most from it. Give it to the No Man's Sky devs and the Star Wars [game] franchise literally blows up.
I remember when a game such as had both story and MP modes, people said "I would buy this game even if it had multiplayer only." Now that some games are coming out like that, now people are complaining that no story mode is included. Come on now.
That's because TitanFall changed people's expectations of a game. Black Ops 3 is going to be the first game to really be a multiplayer-only game. Strictly multiplayer-only game [on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions].
I LOVED IT.
I've been playing it on the Xbox One and its AWESOME.
That's your opinion, and I respect it.
I really does bring back good memories from the old Battlefront games (If you played them, you know that they follow the same format, which imo is good) Graphics are amazing, and loading times as well.
I agree, the graphics are amazing! :)
As for the Controls, being on the xbox it feels great. I really don't have any issue, and personally prefer 3rd Person View since that's how I used to play the old games.
As for the 1st Person issue regarding how the gun is held, that's how it looks on the movies lol, and that's how it looked on the old Battlefront games as well.
I'm not talking about the actual gun, the game feels odd when you're actually playing the game. I don't have a problem with the weapons themselves, but ADS'ing them is weird.
As for the Story mode, I could careless about it.
Huh. That's funny. Because you should care - Star Wars is more about story than any franchise out there. Any. That's why people are giving EA a lot of backlash over story.
Hell, if I had a choice I'd rather them invest more time on multiplayer than single person (in FPS games) because at the end of the day, the replay-ability comes down to Multiplayer.
I agree, but....
For instance, I purchased COD: AW and I haven't even selected Story Mode and I don't think I ever will, as soon I booted up the game, I went straight to multiplayer. But then again, that's my personal preference, being for that reason that I'm really really really enjoying this Beta.
It is your personal preference. I played COD: AW, too. I am also that "multiplayer-only" guy with FPS'es, but I also start with the story mode, too. The story mode at some times transfers into the multiplayer mode, and then the Zombies mode. If you "live without" one another, you'll be confused. The story mode is more or less a training session, tells you what is your weapon, what is your equipment, how to do x, and x. Then the multiplayer mode sometimes include "easter eggs" from the Story Mode itself. So, people like you miss a lot. TitanFall was trying to fix this problem.
And for the flying of the Tie-fighters and x-wings, A-Wings, the controls are also amazing.
Again, we already knew this was going to be a response. Flying modes are awesome.
I remember the older games being somewhat difficult to get a hang on, but as soon I hopped on one of the ships, I was able to maneuver the fighter with ease.
That's what we're talking about here!

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
did you play the old ones on the PS2 or Xbox, cause This game is surely not a legit Battlefront game, watch Battlefront 3 the game that was cancelled now that was a Battlefront game, This one from DICE is a washed version of something good, most people like DICE because gameplay is like Battlfield 4. You will be seeing soon that the people that played Battlefront 1 and 2 on pc will be really disappointed with this game. It is not battlefront game, It is Star Wars but its not battlefront
I personally haven't played the Battlefield games, but you're probably right.
I played the older games on the PS2 and I feel like its very similar, but that's just how I see it.

Huh. That's funny. Because you should care - Star Wars is more about story than any franchise out there. Any. That's why people are giving EA a lot of backlash over story.

You know what, you're right. What I actually meant about that was about FPS games in general. But as for the Battlefront series, I don't think its focused on the story but more on actual battles. Maybe except for the PSP game where you play 2 characters (Rebel and Empire)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
With Star Wars: Battlefront's launch looming just ahead, EA released a Launch Gameplay Trailer of the game...

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
This is only if you pre-ordered the game?!

my xbox one is getting the backwards compatibility and Windows 10 update so I'll check it when I get home from work. Only 6 hours left..........

TeknoBlast

This is only if you pre-ordered the game?!

my xbox one is getting the backwards compatibility and Windows 10 update so I'll check it when I get home from work. Only 6 hours left..........
If you have early access then you get early access.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Ah, in that case I don't.
Don't recall every signing up for anything on EA.

Share a few screenshots if you can!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
According to this it's only the original trilogy.
https://twitter.com/DICEfigge/status/589214998687129600

Regarding the lack of campaign:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-17-star-wars-battlefront-has-40-player-cap

If they have access to the whole series then they're most likely going to charge for Clone Wars DLC in the future otherwise we'll only be getting original trilogy content and some ep VII content.
I wanted to circle back to this, because I read an article, and I went like "Ah ha! I knew it!"
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-sequels-coming-ea-teases/1100-6432334/

Also, there are sequels and more Star Wars games on the way by EA. In fact, they signed a 10-year deal to develop, and publish Star Wars games...

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
A new DLC is revealed for Battlefront, and it will be released to Season Pass owners soon...

This new Death Star DLC should have been the first DLC released. I think this is what players has been waiting for since launch...

TeknoBlast

I cant wait for the Death Star DLC. My son has been asking when this releases. All I can say to him is "very soon."

I dont have the season pass, so I'll have to wait a little longer. That's okay. I dont have to be one of these cool kids to MUST play it first.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements