• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

So I tried some mini games today and ...........

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

So I tried some mini-games today and I am really starting to feel my age. Because I did not find the PVP or find the block game fun at all. I guess I am too old for those types of games. I am just going to stick with vanilla Minecraft. What are your thoughts on Mini games?

wallet

I know what you mean....I have 40 years old and sometimes when I try some games I get bored very fast, or in some cases, I do not like them at all. Some of my younger friends say that I'm nuts if I don't like certain games because are really good and entertaining but for me, it seems really boring!

Mariana

Nah, I also feel the same way as you. I just didn't find them fun at all. I tried it once and then I went back to my offline world. It isn't anything to do with your age.

I tried the PVP one and it wasn't anything amazing. I just felt confused half the time and bored. I like the whole idea around having mini games since it brings extra, new fun to the game but they aren't my cup of tea. I know that plenty of people love playing them though so who knows.

Kira1

I do believe it has something to do with a player's age. I can still remember on my high school days, I was into hardcore pvp gaming Like moba, strategy games and first person shooter ones. But now that I am on my 20s, I don't feel like doing those things anymore. I want a casual game that would just be saved and can be played any time I want without any worries like I might not catch up with others, etc etc.

But yeah, it's all subjective and some others still play hardcore pvp games even at their old age, but I somehow feel age would matter also to some.

With the addition of the Elytra to the Minecraft arsenal, I have seen races involving those wherein players have to go through various rings in their descent. If they miss or fall, they will be returned to the starting point. It is very fun to play especially with friends. I am not that much into PVP especially if it only involves head on fighting, although I have grown a liking for the game mode "Annihilation" wherein there are 4 teams that have bases, and each team must plan their way as to how to destroy other team's nexus, which is the core of a base.

ballyhara

I know what you mean....I have 40 years old and sometimes when I try some games I get bored very fast, or in some cases, I do not like them at all. Some of my younger friends say that I'm nuts if I don't like certain games because are really good and entertaining but for me, it seems really boring!
I'm with you guys! I was wondering if it was me, or the game, or the PC. Every time I try this mini crazy stuff, I feel that I'm struggling way too hard, like I need detailed instructions or something. But I think is not the age issue, my cousins are in their 20's and they say some of those games are kind of messy, or boring. Anyway, rather stay with the whole long ones and leave the minis for good.

Soulwatcher

I do believe it has something to do with a player's age. I can still remember on my high school days, I was into hardcore pvp gaming Like moba, strategy games and first person shooter ones. But now that I am on my 20s, I don't feel like doing those things anymore. I want a casual game that would just be saved and can be played any time I want without any worries like I might not catch up with others, etc etc.

But yeah, it's all subjective and some others still play hardcore pvp games even at their old age, but I somehow feel age would matter also to some.
I agree I use to play hardcore as well I was in an endgame raiding guild in Everquest and Everquest 2 and the amount of hours you need to put into a raid guild is insane. And I always have been in a COD 4 clan on the PS3 and again it was some insane hours. And to be honest I left that lifestyle in the late 20's early 30's. I am a laid back gamer and the mini Minecraft games just don't appeal to me. I would much rather be building something in survival and listening to my music. :headphones:

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements