• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement Site Refresh - New Style and Media Section

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Hi everyone. As an Admin, I have added many features to the site and I always look to community feedback. I have now reached the decision that we should cut back on features of the website that are rarely used or that do not work well.

Those features are: Wiki, PSN Leaderboards and Games.

In addition, the wallpapers section, though frequently used, is based on beta software that was abandoned by the developer.

Luckily a new media manager has been developed by a fantastic XenForo add-on developer whose name is also Chris.

I believe these changes will make the content of our site more organized. I plan to revisit the PSN Leaderboards when Sony hopefully releases a public API.

We are also adding posting requirements for new users:

20 posts
- post in chatbox
- submit media to gallery

100 posts
- use the selling and trading forum

Lastly, as a signal of these changes, we are releasing a brand new style which will replace "Dark" as the default style. This style created with PlayStation in mind from the beginning. In the future, it will be slightly modified to adapt to any screen size.

Click on the image below to use the new "Dark 2" style.

View attachment 5437

Edit: Forgot to mention. We added a checkbox to disable the chatbox in your preferences.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 12.20.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 12.20.55 PM.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 147

RheaSink

Whoa, nice. I'll need some time to get use to the new look but I really appreciate that it finally matches my screen's width.

By the way, what about the logo? I kinda liked the old one :rolleyes:

Mamba

It loads a little slower for me than before, probably my cache but its a nice change of layout. Btw will you add a color option in the future? The blue outlines kinda bugs me a little with all the dark gray.

Chris

It loads a little slower for me than before, probably my cache but its a nice change of layout. Btw will you add a color option in the future? The blue outlines kinda bugs me a little with all the dark gray.
That should just be the cache. The new style uses far fewer images. Try to get used to the style but I will be making note of all feedback.

Chris

It's a bit slower, and I actually preferred the old style.
Hmm, it should be faster or the same speed. The old style will continue to be online although it will not be updated. The guy who designed it left the business a year ago.

Are you working on a new mobile version, like a dark skin? That's what is really needed.
In the next update of XenForo, the site will adapt to mobile phones. If you want to see for yourself go to xenforo.com/community on your phone.

PsychoDon904

Liking the new layout Chris. I was surprised when the moment i got on it got a facelift. I was wondering why the Trophies was not updated for about two months.

Marck

I like how it now requires at least 100 post to use the selling&trading section. This will definitely stop people from being scammed.

Great job man :)

logical

I like the new clean look.

I think I'll try the media adding thing this week by adding some E3 stuff when I go. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements