• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Respawn reveals TitanFall 2's PC info and details

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
In a blog post that was posted recently, Respawn Entertainment revealed a lot of PC details. One of the biggest questions about TitanFall 2, is "What are the new features of TitanFall 2 on PC?" Respawn answered with a new post as it follows...

Respawn detailed some of the features that will be going into the PC version of TitanFall 2...

New tech in Titanfall 2

Speaking of enjoying, what kind of new tech can you expect to enjoy in Titanfall 2? Tackling single-player and raising the bar for a first-person multiplayer has been a monumental engineering effort. I think this calls for a bulleted list!

• Brand-spanking-new PBR renderer for much more consistent and realistic materials and textures
    • This includes a new file packaging system that drastically reduces level load times compared to the first game
  • Extra spicy temporal supersample anti-aliasing (created in-house and referred to in-game as TSAA) to keep everything jaggy free at a minimal performance cost
  • Ultra-fast Depth of Field and a new bloom/streak system
  • Custom developed high resolution texture streaming system, specifically engineered to handle the fast pace of movement in Titanfall
  • Support for multiple dynamic shadow-casting lights
  • All new physics system that allows for entire levels to change and move under your feet
  • New audio system with support for occlusion, room awareness, and an intelligent real-time mixing system designed to help you pinpoint threats in the chaos of battle.
  • Crazy fast matchmaking and revamped netcode for way smoother online play
  • Entire new backend system for hosting servers across bare metal dedicated boxes as well as a variety of cloud providers
  • All new Networks system to help you find like-minded players, party up with minimal hassle, launch private matches on dedicated servers, and chat with other players from around the world
  • And tons more
PC Options

And what about PC-specific goodies? If you've got the horsepower you can crank up VFX particle counts, shadow detail, and enable HBAO+ for the most supreme Titanfall 2 experience. Might as well play with that FOV slider while you're at it. If you're one of those ultra-immersive types then you'll be happy to know that ultra-wide 21:9 monitors are supported at 2560x1080 and 3440x1440. Actually, you know what? Here's the list:

PC Video Options

• Anti-Aliasing – None, TSAA, MSAA (2x, 4x, 8x)
  • Ambient Occlusion – Enabled, Disabled
  • Aspect Ratio – 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9
  • Brightness - Slider
  • Display Mode – Fullscreen, Windowed
  • Dynamic Spot Shadows – Enabled, Disabled
  • Effects Detail – Low, Medium, High
  • FOV – Slider
  • Impact Marks – Disabled, Low, High
  • Model Detail – Low, Medium, High
  • Ragdolls – Low, Medium, High
  • Spot Shadow Detail – Disabled, Low, High, Very High
  • Sun Shadow Detail – Disabled, Low, High, Very High
  • Texture Filtering - Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
  • Texture Quality - Low, Medium, High, Very High, Insane
  • V-Sync - V-Sync Disabled, Double buffered V-sync, Triple buffered V-Sync, NVIDIA Adaptive V-Sync, NVIDIA Adaptive Half-refresh V-Sync, Dynamic V-Sync
Other PC Features

• Uncapped framerate up to 144fps (on a 60hz display with V-Sync Disabled you can run up to 144fps)
  • Fully remappable key bindings
  • Mouse acceleration enable/disable
  • Individual localization audio files to reduce download and installation size
  • Gamepad support with multiple configs and sensitivity options
  • Savegame and config stored in the cloud (video and control configs are editable .txt files!)
  • Voice and text chat in-game and in-Network
  • Multiplayer anti-cheat out of the box

Respawn continued...

One thing that isn’t PC-specific, but our PC crowd will probably be very interested in knowing, is that Titanfall 2 will ship with Private Match support that includes spectator slots. I can’t wait to see what the competitive community does with Networks and Private Matches!

Now I have to give a disclaimer: we’re still working on some additional PC-specific options and optimizations, so the feature list might very well change by the time you get the game in your hands.

Anti-Cheat

Of course, no PC game with multiplayer would be complete without a comprehensive anti-cheat solution and I'm really happy to announce that we're partnering with GameBlocks once again to utilize the latest version of FairFight to combat those ne'er-do-wells with their aimbots and wallhacks. We've been working with the awesome guys over at GameBlocks to hook up all the latest detection methods to keep the game as clean and balanced as possible for everyone to enjoy.

Benchmarks

All this means nothing if the game runs terribly your PC, right? In a move that is sure to scare all the engineers at the office (since the game isn’t done yet!) I went ahead and grabbed a build off the server and ran a benchmark on all three of the system specs listed above. The following graphs are the framerates recorded over the course of a 2-minute benchmark in multiplayer. While unfortunately we will not be shipping a benchmarking feature within Titanfall 2 hopefully this will give you an idea of where your system might end up. I ran the benchmark three times on each system and recorded a variance of about 1% between each run, so it was pretty consistent and reliable. I specifically had our QA guys record a benchmark in Bounty Hunt that includes a ton of AI and lot of action to keep the stress on the GPU high – in modes like Pilot vs Pilot you’ll see higher average framerates for sure.

I’ve also included a benchmark of the Ultra system playing the game at 1920x1080 to compare 4K vs 1080p performance.
You can see the benchmarks and more info at TitanFall's Blog Post... Believe me, it's a long post.

They concluded the article with this last bit...

Conclusion

So there you have it, hopefully enough PC information to get you guys through the next 5 weeks until launch. If you have any other burning questions in your heart related to the PC game, please head on over to our forums and let me know. Otherwise, see you on the Frontier on October 28th!

Drew McCoy
Producer
Titanfall 2

Wow. That's a lot of info to digest for you PC gamers out there!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements