• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

lights

The PS3 version will be a physical release this November in Japan, whilst the PS4/XB1/PC versions will be download only and won't be out till 2015.

53e0947087067bui23.jpg

The PS3 version will be the only platform in Japan to receive a retail release - there will be a regular version, a collector's edition, and a limited edition. It will also be available on PSN. The price of the regular version is 3990yen. Release date is Nov 27 2014. The 360 version will also be released as a download only title on the same day. 720p for PS3 and 360.

In early 2015 they will release the game in Japan on PS4, XB1, and PC as download only titles. The resolution for PS4 and XB1 is 1080p.

Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there's an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868364

CUD

Cool beans. Hopefully they do the same to the other games so I can get the full RE collection on Steam.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I don't know how far they can go with a "Remaster" of Resident Evil. The remake on GameCube was enough. Give us something new, Capcom!

RTRSPCT

Still the best version of Resident Evil. Anybody who missed out on this should give it a try.

And to be honest the remaster is more than a "mere sharpening filter". You can see that they have added more detail in some of the backgrounds, previously impossible to render on the GameCube. It looks really great in my opinion.

They also moved the Emblem in the Dining Room in line with the Shield above it.
PVpXD2I.gif

and...

iUjhGYSYLrfe3.png

The game is work in progress, and some screens may not represent the final product.

Jeccius

Still the best version of Resident Evil. Anybody who missed out on this should give it a try.
And to be honest the remaster is more than a "mere sharpening filter". You can see that they have added more detail in some of the backgrounds, previously impossible to render on the GameCube. It looks really great in my opinion.
The game is work in progress, and some screens may not represent the final product.

Forgot about that version; was a really good outing on the Gamecube that was. Resident Evil 4 had it's first main outing on that machine too, it really was an excellent format for Capcom to release on first (even though it was intended for PS2 first).

I've already got the PS1 Resident Evil 1 Directors Cut,2 and 3, PSN Resident Evil 4 and Codename Veronica and PS3 Resident Evil 5 Gold and I've finished the Revelations game on the 3DS, yet to play 6 yet but I will end up picking it up at some point. I can't see myself buying the HD remakes as like most people I have clocked these before already and don't see the point in reliving the story again as it looks slightly better. If for some reason you've got a gamer who has never seen these before then the HD versions should be a must (kind of like me and Final Fantasy X HD, I missed them the first time around and now own them on the Vita, identical games with new cosmetics does not make a different game, but it is the best version available).

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements