• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation Network is starting to piss me off

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
I have multiple PSN accounts and on just about all of them I have digital games on them. On one in particular, I have Destiny on it and I've been enjoying it since I got it about a week and a half ago.

Destiny has a companion app for smart devices that I have been using to keep track of my progression and my friends' progression. Everything was fine until two days ago when I was inexplicably signed out of the app. I somehow got signed out and it refused to let me sign back in. Yesterday I tried to sign in with the account on PS Store on my PC but it would recognize my login info. I know for a fact that I didn't change my password but I clicked forgot password anyway, and when I entered my email address to receive a password reset form it gave an error saying that they had no record of my email address.

Now I'm still have my login info on my PS3 and I can login on it with no problem. I opened Account Management and tried reenter my email address and it gave me a server error twice then accepted it the third time. You would think that I that info was reentered that PSN/PS-Store would recognize the email address after that but no, after doing that and attempting to change my password using the email address I get told again that there is no PSN account associated with my email address.

I called PlayStation Customer Support yesterday and the representative was able to confirm that my PSN ID was in fact registered under my email address. They didn't seem to have a clue why I was experiencing these problems but the offered to send a link to reset my password to my email address saying that it'd take up to 24 hours to get it and it usually only takes a couple of minutes...except that it's been over 24 hours, I haven't received the email and my issue still hasn't been resolved.

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
The issue has been resolved after speaking with a second customer service representative today. They were able to send a link to my email address and I was able to take care of the issue from there.

Wyt Myk

I have never experienced anything like that. I would definitely be trying to get something out of them for the hassle. Did the 2nd rep have any explanation for what may have caused this to happen?

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
Nah they didn't offer anything and I didn't ask because I was just happy to have services back in working order.

LiquidEvilGaming

Gotta be honest i feel you @akhi216 I have been buying/playing most my multiplats on my X1 lately due to a combination of Sony Support/PSN instability. And i say this as someone whom has always done the opposite having always owned them all.

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
Gotta be honest i feel you @akhi216 I have been buying/playing most my multiplats on my X1 lately due to a combination of Sony Support/PSN instability. And i say this as someone whom has always done the opposite having always owned them all.
I'm going to have to do the same sticking with the Vita and moving on to PC or X1. The frequent downtime, lagginess, and general instability of PSN has worn my patience thin. For instance, right now my phone and PC are connected to the internet and are working with no problems but I am signed out on PSN due to some kind of error dealing with internet....WHILE I'M DOWNLOADING A FUCKING GAME UPDATE (caps added to emphasize ridiculousness, sorry)!!! Too many times my PS3 will be connected to the internet only for me to get an error and get signed out from PSN only for me to see that I am in fact signed in since I can still see my friends an otherwise deal with network related functions, the same happen when I had a PS4 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoeCool Confirmed: PlayStation Network is down; hackers claim they did it PlayStation 6
stevemontuno Playstation Network down PlayStation 11
M PSVita Persona 4 Golden stuck at "Connect to Playstation network" screen PlayStation 2
T Amazon Playstation Network Store, *$ 5 Credit Promo* (US) PlayStation 3
Crouton Playstation Network Website PlayStation 6
DestroyRepeat Final Fantasy games on sale on Playstation Network Deals and Trading 0
T PSVita Playstation network sign out? PlayStation 19
3VOLVE PSVita PlayStation Network needs some updates... PlayStation 9
Rakuen33 PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 2011 (US) PlayStation 19
Lethal Playstation Network sub forum? Completed Suggestions 12
S PSVita Playstation Network PlayStation 6
xperiax10.awesome PSVita [SINGAPORE] Playstation Network Card PlayStation 4
K PSVita Relax, the PlayStation Network isn't going anywhere PlayStation 1
RandellaUk UK Playstation Network Cards Deals and Trading 14
E Playstation Network Cuts Down on Game Sharing Gaming News 1
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Sony Quietly Tests PlayStation Network Revamp PlayStation 4
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Full Restoration Of PlayStation Network Service begins today 2nd June 2011 PlayStation 2
Daan The Maan Important PlayStation Network Maintenance Today PlayStation 4
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Sony and Sony Computer Entertainment announce full restoration of PlayStation Network PlayStation 8
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Xbox-Paypal Deal Makes More Trouble For PlayStation Network Xbox 2
Karoa PSVita PlayStation Network is back! PlayStation 3
Jordan_Imported_7 Kazuo Hairai Announces PlayStation Network Back Online PlayStation 19
xI2eSpEcTx PlayStation Network Update! PlayStation 10
ThisIsChwy Did Anonymous Hack Sony's PlayStation Network or Not? PlayStation 7
Chris Sony addresses PlayStation Network hack PlayStation 2
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Sony To Beef Up Security On PlayStation Network PlayStation 2
zArab Important information regarding PlayStation Network and Qriocity services PlayStation 5
zArab PlayStation Network... hacked? PlayStation 2
J PLAYSTATION NETWORK PlayStation 1
M PSN / PlayStation Network Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employee PlayStation 2
Carlos Review: Soldner X is one of the nicest shoot 'em ups on PlayStation Network Game Reviews 0
Carlos No more free PS3 and PSVita games on PlayStation Plus after 2019 PlayStation 0
Carlos Full list of PlayStation Classic games revealed PlayStation 0
DestroyRepeat Sony announces the PlayStation Classic PlayStation 0
Carlos Sony sold 500 Million PlayStation consoles since debut PlayStation 0
Carlos Sony ending PS3 and PSVita additions to PlayStation Plus starting March 2019 PlayStation 0
Carlos Sony opens PlayStation Experience 2017 right now! Gaming News 0
S What version of PlayStation are you using to play Minecraft? Minecraft 0
S Do you have any Xbox Or Playstation Minecraft friends? Minecraft 3
S Here are the list of controls for the PlayStation edition of Minecraft! Gaming News 0
S Do you play Minecraft on Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo? Minecraft 13
Carlos Destiny 2 Beta begins July 18 first on PlayStation 4 Destiny 0
S How do you feel about Playstation being left out of the "Better Together Update"? Minecraft 10
Carlos Sony's PlayStation E3 2017 Conference starting soon Gaming News 0
Carlos First look at Killing Floor 2 on PlayStation 4 Pro Online Videos 0
Carlos PSVita 2 New PlayStation Vita Colors coming PlayStation 0
Carlos PS4 Pro Mark Cerny talks about the creation of the PlayStation 4 Pro PlayStation 0
Carlos PS4 Pro See PlayStation 4 Pro gameplay in 4k PlayStation 0
Carlos PlayStation 4 Slim announced PlayStation 0
Carlos Livestream of 2016 PlayStation Meeting Gaming News 4