• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation 4: Release Date Confirmed

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenzelda

Verified Member
PlayStation 4 Release Date Confirmed
Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be released in the US and Canada on November 15th, 2013. The release date for Europe will be November 29th, 2013. This will put the console in direct competition with the November release date of XBOX One, although no precise date has been confirmed yet for XBOX One.

PS3 To PS4 Game Upgrade Program Announced
Will you be buying Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, Call of Duty: Ghosts, or Watch Dogs on Playstation 3? If so, you will be able to also buy the PS4 version of the game digitally for a "significantly discounted price" for a limited time when the console launches in November.

PlayStation Plus Free Trial Announced for PS4
All those who purchase a PlayStation 4 will receive a free 14 day trial of PlayStation Plus. The trial will give access to Drive Club and the newly announced Resogun. Also, if you purchase a year of Playstation Plus, you will get an additional 90 days added to the subscription for free. source

Lady Venom

Verified Member
Nice! Good to know the PS4 finally has a release date! There isn't much I want releasing for it yet; but when it does I'll be saving up to get a PS4. Only problem I'm having is that I keep hearing that the PS4 games new are going to be selling for $75.00 each owch that's kind of a bit too expensive for my blood! I'll probably have to cut back on the PS4 titles I want if that's going to be the case. D:

Erik1

Verified Member
I got the one I preordered back in June today in the mail but I'm still not sure if I want to keep it. There are hardly any games which is typical at the launch of a console and there's already been some signs of quality control issues.

I will definitely consider purchasing a PS4. Every generation of the Playstation has been good, with the very first being tops on my list. The game selection is top notch, the console is durable, and I love the controller. I use the Blu Ray player on my PS3 all the time. No doubt Sony will make a good next generation product.

queenzelda

Verified Member
I'm waiting for more then one game I want to release for the PS4 before I go investing in one myself. xp

Erik1

Verified Member
Re: RE: PlayStation 4: Release Date Confirmed

queenzelda said:
I'm waiting for more then one game I want to release for the PS4 before I go investing in one myself. xp

You're not counting the previous gen rereleases like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
I concur with queen. I want my games to be physical copies; not digital ones. I can understand why the PS4 isn't backwards compatible; but for gamers who refuse to go digital just to play PS3 games: for some it's going to be a no-buy. I'll probably get a PS4 in about a year or two when the system has reduced in price & isn't having so many issues as the first round launch PS4's are.

Pocketim

Verified Member
I'm with Queen and Yami, nothing against the PS4, but it seems like it would be better to just wait until it's got some good games and the technical issues are sorted out. Once the system gets some more fresh and original new IPs, I'll be interested.

I don't mind the whole backwards-compatible thing though. I always hold onto my old consoles, and I wasn't expecting it after the 360 and PS3's backwards compatibility was kinda lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements