• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Paid Games on Mobiles

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

overcast

There are tons of Paid games on Google Play Store and ITunes store. Depending on your budget and the type of game you want, there are thousands of game choices that you have for playing games. I have found that games such as - Spirits, Angry Birds and Injustice are worth paying for. And you won't regret buying these games because they have good games.

How's your experience with paid games on mobiles? Ever regretted purchase of these mobile games?

ballyhara

Usually I download a free version of the game, give it a try and if I really like it then I do the investment. Among those, I got the MC pocket edition, pretty good generally, but it doesn't compare to PC version. I don't know if I was the only one with this issue, but some textures didn't upload. Also, I had some "bugs" there too. Anyway, it is nice for having some fun when I'm not home.

Soulwatcher

I have only paid for Pocket Minecraft, and the rest of my mobile games I play for free. I honestly don't mind a 30-second commercial here and there.

P.S. I would pay for AAA mobile games but most of the mobile games are not on that level.

morgoodie

The only mobile game I have ever paid for is Minecraft. I don't really have the money to buy mobile games especially when I get bored of them easily and will look for new games to play so paying for them wouldn't be wise for me to do. I hate when I download a free game and get involved in it, then I get to a certain level and they prompt me to buy the full version. This happened recently for a game and it was $9.99 to buy. No way, MC wasn't even that much. LOL. I will stick to free games. The ads don't bother me a bit.

vinaya

I have never payed a dime for mobile games. I do play games on mobile devices but I always play free version. However, I have spend money on games which I play on my PC. I have never considered buying mobile games.

amitkokiladitya

The PlayStore offers so many good options for games which are free to download. So, I never felt the need the paying for a mobile game. I always wait for the free versions of the games. Sooner or later, every game becomes available for free. So, I don't find any valid point in investing in mobile gaming.

overcast

The PlayStore offers so many good options for games which are free to download. So, I never felt the need the paying for a mobile game. I always wait for the free versions of the games. Sooner or later, every game becomes available for free. So, I don't find any valid point in investing in mobile gaming.
I think lot of games and apps are paid which are good. So yeah but you have to find the need for the paid games. I mean some of the time free games can do just fine as well. I personally think that if the game is good enough. And you play it every day. Then the developer deserves to be paid with the paid version. And for this reason it'd be reasonable to buy in that case.

Mariana

I honestly don't think that I've ever purchased any games or apps for my phone before. I have really considered buying the pocket edition of Minecraft but I haven't yet... that's really the only game that seems worth buying for me personally.

I just don't like purchasing games for the phone when you have thousands of free ones... nor do I ever buy the goodies that are in the games that give you certain advantages. I don't play phone games enough to make it worth the purchase.

amitkokiladitya

I think lot of games and apps are paid which are good. So yeah but you have to find the need for the paid games. I mean some of the time free games can do just fine as well. I personally think that if the game is good enough. And you play it every day. Then the developer deserves to be paid with the paid version. And for this reason it'd be reasonable to buy in that case.
I respect your opinion. But every person has his own gaming style. Moreover, most of the times our finances fail to bear any added expense. There are many people like me who have limited funds. So choosing the best among the free options becomes more of a compulsion.

Soulwatcher

I respect your opinion. But every person has his own gaming style. Moreover, most of the times our finances fail to bear any added expense. There are many people like me who have limited funds. So choosing the best among the free options becomes more of a compulsion.
That's nothing to be ashamed about amitkokiladitya, I have a disability and I cant work and I lie on a fixed income. And I don't have a car and most of my money goes to bills. And the 3 things that keep me sane in this world are GOD, my wife, and this website. Without those 3 things, I don't know what I would do.

wallet

Thats nothing to be ashamed about amitkokiladitya, I have a disability and I cant work and I lie on a fixed income. And I don't have a car and most of my money goes to bills. And the 3 things that keep me sane in this world are GOD, my wife and this website. With out hose 3 things I don't know what I would do.
Life is hard and sometimes we feel that we are down but there are things that keep us up, in your case as mine, is our wives, and the rest of the family, for some it may be playing games online, for others that are not that strong as us it may be drugs or other bad things!

Soulwatcher

Life is hard and sometimes we feel that we are down but there are things that keep us up, in your case as mine, is our wives, and the rest of the family, for some it may be playing games online, for others that are not that strong as us it may be drugs or other bad things!
Your right life is hard and you have to make the best of it. Now I could sit around a have a pity party and say why me. Or I can be resourceful and use all of the resources available to me. (The same way you do)

I told you guys about the dinner and movie deal that I found for $8. Well, I found another deal! I can get a bus pass for $17 a month that will take me over a hundred miles. But I will have to take connector buses. Not a big deal because I don't want to go 100 miles. But I will take me to 3 different parks, grocery store, shopping mall, movie theater, restaurants you name it!

P.S. I know I'll never be able to work again and have money again. But I WILL be able to work with the resources given to me and I WILL make the best of them. And have the best quality of life that I can have working with my limited resources. ;)

overcast

I definitely understand @amitkokiladitya. I was one of those guys who could not afford console and laptop at one stage of life. Then I worked and managed to buy each one of them on my own. I didn't knew how to code game then I got my hands on game makers and now C#. So yes not all people can pay. It's just that some of them who do, can definitely help game developers and the coders. Not every game is developed by some rich VC funded studio. Some are made in their bedrooms or in college classrooms.

amitkokiladitya

I definitely understand @amitkokiladitya. I was one of those guys who could not afford console and laptop at one stage of life. Then I worked and managed to buy each one of them on my own. I didn't knew how to code game then I got my hands on game makers and now C#. So yes not all people can pay. It's just that some of them who do, can definitely help game developers and the coders. Not every game is developed by some rich VC funded studio. Some are made in their bedrooms or in college classrooms.
Thanks for understanding my point. Buying a console is not an one time investment. The individual games are really expensive and need a regular expenditure. This is the main reason why I opt for the free ones. Hope in the future things improve and my finances cope up with the expenditure. But at present, I have to be satisfied with what I have.

Soulwatcher

But at present, I have to be satisfied with what I have.

amitkokiladitya I know exactly what you are saying because I live on a fixed income and I have to be satisfied with what I have. Because it takes me a long time to save for anything because of my income situation.

Learning to be satisfied with what you have will give you the inner peace that no amount money can buy. :) And trust me on this most person with a lot of money are never happy because they are always wanting more and more!

amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya I know exactly what you are saying, because I live on a fixed income and I have to be satisfied with what I have. Because it takes me a long time to save for anything because of my income situation.

Learning to be satisfied with what you have will give you inner peace that no amount money can buy. :) And trust me on this most people with a lot of money are never happy because they are always wanting more and more!
I completely agree with your point. I have seen so many people who have everything in their life, but are still unhappy. All because they lack inner contentment. I always pray to God for an inner peace, satisfaction and a healthy family. If I have all these 3 elements, then I don't need anything else.

To stay happy or not is in my hands and I don't want to turn out as a failure. Life is short and I want to enjoy it to the fullest.

I agree that there are times when financial crisis disturb me. But, I never lose faith in my God and he always helps me to sail through the tough times easily.

Soulwatcher

I don't really have the money to buy mobile games
I agree with you, my funds are to the wall and I hardly have money for anything at the end of the month. But I do manage and I do get a few wants here and there. And I can tell you without a doubt that I am not going to waste a want buying a mobile game.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements