• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement Notice: Battlefront Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I bought Battlefront-Forum with the intention of capturing the market segment of Star Wars: Battlefront and becoming a leader in the segment. But when EA released Battlefront 2, EA has been shrouded in controversy before the game even released. There was a beta, and during that beta, the company was testing the servers, testing bugs, and whatnot. Amidst of all the testing, they've also launched lootcrates, supply drops that can be earned by completing missions or player milestones. When the game was released, players discovered that these lootboxes and supply drops have two ways to be earned: By directly purchasing them, or earning them via missions/achievements. When you earn those lootcrates, your chances of getting what you want is determined by the algorithm the game launched with. You can buy heroes, but you're actually playing a roulette when you buy those lootcrates/supply drops. This controversy even reached senators of some states and/or countries.

I, CarlosX360 do not condone this - it's invasive. Make it a choice, and not a forced method of player engagement. Call of Duty, which is a competitor in the FPS space, did not get the same kind of controversy, because it presented a CHOICE, and not forced "in your face" kind of way. All of this affected sales of the game, and any traffic to niche websites such as this. I still see traffic, but not nearly as much as it should be. With this in mind, I will merge this site into a gaming forum that I manage - DestroyRepeat.com

I hope to see you on the other side. I will now use this site as a test, to learn from traffic of Battlefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements