• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Livestream of 2016 PlayStation Meeting

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Sony's 2016 PlayStation Meeting has come and gone, but right after the event, there was a livestream from the New York event...

TeknoBlast

Lots of people are not pleased with this new hardware. The big thing was no 4K BD support. Reddit and Twitter just blowing up with disappointment.

For me, I wasnt really keeping up on what's going on with the PS4. I was more curious about what they had to say today since I had some free time to watch the show. As I watched, and correct me if I'm wrong, the crowd didnt seem interested at all. You'll hear a few claps here and there, but no excitement. I could be wrong since I was watching this from work.

As for specs, I guess they're okay. I wouldnt buy one to replace my current PS4 though unless it crapped out.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Lots of people are not pleased with this new hardware. The big thing was no 4K BD support. Reddit and Twitter just blowing up with disappointment.
That's nothing. That is pure bullshit "hate bandwagon." It can easily be fixed in a firmware update. It would be nice to have an actual 4k BluRay player, but that's - yikes. A lot of fucking money. That would push PS4 Pro from $400 to $500. Wait for firmware update, or wait for Project Scorpio to be revealed, because then... we'll see the real PS4. :D
For me, I wasnt really keeping up on what's going on with the PS4. I was more curious about what they had to say today since I had some free time to watch the show. As I watched, and correct me if I'm wrong, the crowd didnt seem interested at all. You'll hear a few claps here and there, but no excitement. I could be wrong since I was watching this from work.

As for specs, I guess they're okay. I wouldnt buy one to replace my current PS4 though unless it crapped out.
This is a press event. You shouldn't even expect anything like E3 loud cheers and stuff. But yes, there's no real "excitement."

I don't even need specs to know that the PS4 Neo is the real deal until Project Scorpio is revealed.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
No wonder there was no cheering of any sorts. I thought this was opened to all.
Nope. "PlayStation Meeting" is an event designed to deliver news to the press. Investors are also invited to see this event, but Sony also wanted to invite the rest of the world to see the announcement via livestream.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements