• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Has Java Minecraft ever crashed to desktop on your PC?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Soulwatcher

I had a funny thing happen to me today. I was about to play Minecraft and all of a sudden the game said "fatal error". And it crashed to desktop, that's never happened to me before.

When I restarted the game it started up fine and played ok so I am not worried. Has Java Minecraft ever crashed to desktop on your PC?

Mariana

Yeah, it has. Honestly, don't be worried. It just happens with every game once in a while. I have already switched over to the Windows 10 Minecraft some time ago but I did use Java for years and years.

Mine only crashed once every now and then... but completely randomly like yours. Then when I reopened it, it worked normally.

Though, I do know that some players did experience the crashes on Java due to some graphics card driver incompatibility for a while.

fishmonk

Yeah, it happened to me before. The game crashed due to some exception error. I had to stop the application process using the Task Manager. However, this rarely happens since I started playing on my desktop.

Soulwatcher

Yeah, it has. Honestly, don't be worried. It just happens with every game once in a while. I have already switched over to the Windows 10 Minecraft some time ago but I did use Java for years and years.

Mine only crashed once every now and then... but completely randomly like yours. Then when I reopened it, it worked normally.

Though, I do know that some players did experience the crashes on Java due to some graphics card driver incompatibility for a while.
I am waiting to see what they do with the official Window 10/PE server this fall. Right now Realms is not the right choice for this website because there is no map on realms and the world stops when you log off. There are only a few more months to go before we see the "Better Together Update" and then we will know more about the official servers.

Xilkozuf

Java crashes often here, so I try to avoid any Java based application - and this include the Java version of Minecraft. I'm just a Windows player, but I'm sure that if I even tried to play the Java version of it, it would be more Minecrash than Minecraft.

Marvadaum

Yup! It happened a few times before. In fact, i thought that it had to do with my low RAM memory. But now that this has been brought up I will consider updating it. Have been using Java for far too long anyway.

overcast

Java crashes plenty of times for me. And another issue with Java based engine is that it freezes a lot. No matter how much RAM you give to java program. It continues to freeze up. So it's something they need to handle. And instead I hope that they migrate to C# or C++ unity engine. I know it being a paid engine, harder to port. But Java is very buggy over the years.

Soulwatcher

Java crashes plenty of times for me. And another issue with Java based engine is that it freezes a lot. No matter how much RAM you give to java program. It continues to freeze up. So it's something they need to handle. And instead I hope that they migrate to C# or C++ unity engine. I know it being a paid engine, harder to port. But Java is very buggy over the years.
Windows 10 Minecraft is C++ Minecraft, you can download it for free if you have the Java version of Minecraft. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Carlos Google has a Gaming announcement to make at GDC 2019 Gaming News 0
Carlos DMC5 has a Deluxe Edition coming and will feature Mega Man's buster General Gaming 0
Carlos Announcement Battlefront Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired The MC Nation! CarlosX360 Archive 0
S What website has the best Minecraft server list? Minecraft 4
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co. Ltd. has acquired DestinyOverwatch! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co. Ltd. has acquired Battlefront Forum! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement BF1Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
S The 4th Floor Has Been Started! Minecraft 0
Carlos Announcement TitanFall 2 Forums has been merged into DestroyRepeat CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired FPSForum! CarlosX360 Archive 0
N EVERYONES PROFILE HAS BEEN RESET Battlefield 1
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired BitterGamers! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Zelda: Breath of the Wild has over 100 Shrine of Trials Nintendo 1
Carlos Announcement BF5 Forum has a new skin! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co. Ltd. has acquired Battlefield 5 Forums! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 6
WhoIsDo The Star Wars Battlefront beta has been extended! Star Wars 4
M Star Wars Battlefront Beta has stopped working Star Wars 0
V Star Wars Battlefront has no server browser Star Wars 0
Brisketboy Who else here has triple hunters? Destiny 0
Kristoffer Sjögren PSVita Has anyone had this problem with the speakers? PlayStation 7
R This website has been hacked Completed Suggestions 3
Carlos Killer Instinct now has Cinder Online Videos 0
lights PSVita Danganronpa has sold over 100,000 copies in the US PlayStation 7
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired PSVitaForum! CarlosX360 Archive 22
Carlos Announcement "PSVita Multiplayer" has moved into "PSN" CarlosX360 Archive 0
Shockshellteipe1 Obama has gone way too far. Off Topic Lounge 1
lights Nintendo has shipped 5.7 million amiibo worldwide Nintendo 9
W Has anyone finished the Eris missions for the Dark Below? Destiny 3
N Xbox Live Looking for a person that has the final save for VOG Online Matchmaking 0
Gercun PSVita Has anyone played: Invokers tournament? (MOBA, LoL for PS) PlayStation 1
Cybertronian95 Has anybody else seen this happen? Destiny 2
Yanikun Has anyone played a Kenka Bancho game before? Nintendo 1
M Xbox Live Does anybody has the oracle cp on hard? Online Matchmaking 0
L Atheon has been destroyed. Destiny 2
gh0st233 Has anyone here played The Walking Dead? (NO SPOILERS) General Gaming 0
Shampoo XIII DarkREaper006 has never played a Final Fantasy game Off Topic Lounge 5
J Victor Cruz Has Torn Patellar Tendon Sports 0
M PS4 Future Shop in Canada has Wolfenstein on Sale for $29.99 and more PlayStation 0
WhoIsDo The Vault of Glass has been cleared in under 2 hours Destiny 5
Colmarr Vault of Glass has been cleared Destiny 5
Duckers Has the difficulty increased since the beta? Destiny 9
DuhWhitePanda PSVita 13 ways Gamescom proves the Vita has a bright future PlayStation 9
LiquidEvilGaming PSVita The next time someone tells you Vita has no games Show them this Video PlayStation 9
Jamie Single player has been wiped AGAIN Battlefield 2
DuhWhitePanda The August Give Away Contest has Started and You Don't Even Realize It! Completed Suggestions 33
WhoIsDo Bungie has said beta codes are coming soon Destiny 3
WhoIsDo User Ranking System has been implemented! CarlosX360 Archive 13
Jamie Has anyone preordered Homefront yet? General Gaming 5