• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Grand Theft Auto 5 vs Saints Row 4

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

AthleticTypist

Which title are you anticipating more?

They both have a lot of hype surrounding, more so GTA 5 because of the name recognition. However, I am really looking forward to Saints Row 4 because of the wacky nature of the game. I feel GTA has become a more dark, realistic, gritty series that focuses on the serious aspects of sandbox games. Saints Row has more of an arcadey, do whatever you want feel. Both games will serve their fan bases well, but which one are YOU looking forward to the most.

mravi

I am completely torn on this one. On one hand, GTA's trailer's look amazing and they have been known to release really great games. On the other, however, Saint's row 3 was really fun and I enjoyed it thoroughly, hinting that I might like Saints row 4. If this was between Saints row 3 and GTA 4 I would probably say Saints row, but because of the trailers, I would say GTA 5. I do agree with you on the dark part of GTA, but it does not cease to entertain me.

strangel0ve

GTA5 probably. I feel that Rockstar understands the limits of the grittiness of its games after GTA4 and has a better understanding of what to do with GTA5, a lot of which can be seen in the trailer. I feel that there is still room for GTA to be a series about realistic and gritty stories, but Rockstar has to make an effort to make it a bit more light-hearted and fun (sort of a dark humorish sense) to appeal to gamers as well as keeping their artistic integrity intact, if that makes sense?

Oakster

Even though I liked Saints Row 3 more than GTA 4, I think Saints Row is getting far too "jokey" and is becoming a parody of itself (it was already a parody of GTA).
GTA seems like it will be a solid game with feature that the fans were asking for, I'm only not sure about the multi-character storyline, although I trust Rockstar to make that enjoyable.

Roubles

Saints Row 4 is nothing but slightly above average. The world feels dead, graphics are stuck in 2006/2007, the customization options are in most cases a waste for me, due to the fact that having superpowers while wearing denim jeans just feels awful, so does the driving by the way but that's not even that bad considering it's a waste anyway, given the fact that flying and running around with your crackdown/prototype ripped-off superpowers is faster... which also means that the whole car-customization is nonsense. The game took me 16 hours exploiting everything, beating it 100% after that you'll have no replay value because the story isn't interesting, neither does it have a dramatic or good written plot. the side-missions are all "Meet .... on the Ship and then go and do the same things over and over again" because the side-missions, except for the super-homie quests ONLY consist out of the mini-games you are also able to access at any point, such as Blazin, Insurance Fraud etc

GTA 5 on the otherhand... well.. masterpiece. Just play it.

LogiMe

GTA 5 all the way for me gameplay much more interesting than Saint Row 4 . World is bigger and ability to control 3 main characters is something new in a game.

djdogbone11

I prefer Grand Theft auto V much more than Saints Row IV. GTA V was an entirely new game, and it felt so fresh, while SRIV felt like it could have been a DLC. I also feel that GTA V Is overall much more polished than SRIV. And the multiplayer in GTA V is oh so good. Overall very excited for GTA V on PC!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements