• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Favourite Nintendo Franchise

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

CemeteryGates23

Pokémon and Zelda for me, love those two franchises. Mario and Kirby as well. The rest I haven't played very much, I suppose. Never had a Metroid game, Earthbound I just bought on my Wii U a month ago, F-Zero I was never a huge fan of (racing games in general - I like 'em, don't love 'em), etc...

I'm actually replaying both Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time on the Wii U lately. I want a 3DS so bad to get back into Pokémon, the last games I played were the GameBoy Advance ones, but I've replayed those games to death and back.

I'm particularly fond of Metroid considering it was sort of my first shooter game as a kid on my GameBoy. There was something really alluring about the atmosphere of the game, and although I didn't understand much of the plot and sort of struggled on the later levels, I really enjoyed the feel of the game. I also played the Gamecube version (Metroid Prime I think it was called?) which had a really nice and creepy atmosphere. It had a lot of replayability too and I really enjoyed exploring it's setpieces.

My favorite is definitely Pokémon. I play those since the first games and I've replay them a lot of times, I never get bored. In second place I'd put Super Mario Brothers (1,2 and 3) and in third place the Zelda franchise.

Tsuzuko

Pokemon and Mario. Legend of Zelda would probably be closer to my heart, but I never got around to playing the games until I was much older. Plus, I don't think younger me would have appreciated them as much as they deserve. Still, Pokemon was the first gaming franchise period that I ever fell for. Formulaic today, but I still love it. Mario's got more variety, but I haven't played many newer Mario games.

rainhero

Mario all the way. Mario really does have a lot of variety. He has fighting, racing, platforming, and he even had puzzle back with Dr. Mario which my siblings and I were highly addicted to and used to have competitions with all the time. But Mario is definitely our go-to guy for fun on any Nintendo console.

SLTE

insane-ghost said:
I'm particularly fond of Metroid considering it was sort of my first shooter game as a kid on my GameBoy.  There was something really alluring about the atmosphere of the game, and although I didn't understand much of the plot and sort of struggled on the later levels, I really enjoyed the feel of the game. I also played the Gamecube version (Metroid Prime I think it was called?) which had a really nice and creepy atmosphere. It had a lot of replayability too and I really enjoyed exploring it's setpieces.

Metroid always struck me as one of those games that feels like it has a really expansive plot, when it... really... doesn't. Not prior to the Metriod Prime games, anyway.

mauricioq

This question in super easy for me: Pokemon. I've been playing Pokemon since i was a little kid, it's clearly my favorite game and it's still relevant in today's generation. Probably one of the most iconic game series.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements